Total posts
Chips
UTG we have 66s with slightly under 15bb, like 14.5-14.8bb

Do we jam or fold here?

We jammed and ran into KK in the CO

Busted 6th, when we were 4th in chips

Could've probably folded here for extra pay bumps

Or min raise and fold to a 3bet, but that's hindsight talking

If we min raise and CO slow played KK, we would see a 552dd flop with a 6d in our hand

We are still jamming on this spot I believe post flop

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it's tough because shoving is +EV for sure but ICM wise, it's a fold because you're putting yourself at risk since your covered. The real question would be if utg 3xed, you had jj, & CO shoves & you're in sb with JJ, would you call? If you're folding here, you should be folding 66 since you can easily secure pay jumps easily via looking for 70/30 spots :) or btn/ LP steals. Hope that helped a bit

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is close. what were the other stack sizes?

nice run to the final table, though.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Do we jam or fold here?

If we min raise and CO slow played KK, we would see a 552dd flop with a 6d in our hand

This is so borderline. I have found that when I am playing well I fold this and when I am playing a bit more manic I jam it. I have found that jamming this spot has been less profitable for me personally than folding. I think we can find better spots to jam to pick up blinds here. We aren't getting called much by 55-22 and are only dominated or racing at best. I have been trying to limit my UTG jams to 88+.

If you were to min raise and KK slow played, I think you are getting in your money in on that flop.

All of that, I think it could be nitty, but I like the fold preflop here.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what are other shortstack sizes? if they are close to yours the jam can't be that bad. but if they are very short it's icm suicide
you can plug it into icimicer & check it.
I'd prolly either min raise or fold I think

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is close. what were the other stack sizes?

nice run to the final table, though.
forgot to add that i'd probably fold 66 in this spot. one, it might be a bad icm jam if there are 2 significantly shorter stacks than you and two, you likely don't have that great of an edge (if any) with 66 in this spot. if you do, it's very likely a thin edge.

with 15 bbs and still 4/6, i don't mind waiting for a better equity spot to get it in. plus you have 5 player behind you to act as well and you really want to be able to isolate to give yourself the best chance of winning. waiting for a later position with less players allows you to get it in wider, still with good preflop equity (if you're called) but it's also easier to get your jam through.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is an ICM fold. If you have 14 bbs and are 4th out of 6, there is a decent amount of money to be made by folding this under the gun.

Great run by the way!

Do we jam or fold here?