Do your Aces get cracked more than half the time in tournament play?

T

teflonron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i will still play them every time, but i feel like pocket aces are a dangerous hand.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It also depends on situation.

It'll be sometimes also a reliable trump.

The person who is thinking and is playing so often comes across it, too.

M

marcopolo12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say 'no'. I'd say if you don't like playing AA then you should find a different game.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On my mind any pocket pair more profitable than AA. When I open AA standart 2-3BB, Big B defends very often, sometimes 1-2 players on table call also very wide . And hit two pairs often also, but fold AA too difficult. When I push AA, get call very rare. So play AA profitable not simple as weak players dreaming.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not if you take the emotions out of it..

No, my AA haven't been cracked more than half of the time. Overall, AA stands to win most of the time. It just seems like your AA gets cracked a lot, because you remember an AA loss more than a run of the mill KQ or KK or QQ loss.

That is my experience, but I respect others who have been on a bad run of AA losses, it can happen to anybody.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you are playing your aces to passively. In multiway pots the equity of any hand goes down, so if you often end up seeing a 4-way or 5-way flop with aces, then they will probably get cracked half the time. The solution is to almost always raise and reraise with aces preflop to either take down the dead money in the pot or reduce the field to one or at most two opponents going to the flop.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how you play poket aces be more agressive.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Math is a stubborn thing, at a distance AA is always a plus ... if played correctly.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I lose with pocket AA frequently. You increase your chances of winning with pocket AA if you have more chips than your opponent. That is my experience.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No and they shouldn't be. If so then you are playing them wrong.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting question. I decided to look at my AA hand history for laughs.

I got AA 90 times and they were cracked 22 times, or about 24% of the time. (I have a lot of data corruption in my 40,000 hands of play this year, so the 90 times appears a bit low.) A small percentage of these were multi-way pots and were generally because players were all-in and I couldn't have done anything about it. It is also interesting that when I have AA from early position, the likelihood of a multi-way pot shoots way up, probably because I am not betting enough.

We all think AA should win 83% of the time, and having them win 76% isn't too far away from the calculated probabilities. At least it is in the ballpark.

Good luck and God Bless.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Interesting question. I decided to look at my AA hand history for laughs.

I got AA 90 times and they were cracked 22 times, or about 24% of the time. (I have a lot of data corruption in my 40,000 hands of play this year, so the 90 times appears a bit low.) A small percentage of these were multi-way pots and were generally because players were all-in and I couldn't have done anything about it. It is also interesting that when I have AA from early position, the likelihood of a multi-way pot shoots way up, probably because I am not betting enough.

We all think AA should win 83% of the time, and having them win 76% isn't too far away from the calculated probabilities. At least it is in the ballpark.

Good luck and God Bless.

Like NWPatroit has said it depends on how many players are in the pot with AA in your hand you want no more than 2 other callers in the hand. Your percentage of winning the hand goes down with the more players in the hand. It really doesn't matter what they are holding your percentage still goes down unless they are holding the same hands. So I try to limit the pot to one to maybe two other players in the hand preflop.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces At least 51% to win.;)

dannywaves

dannywaves

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and no.... whenever I do get Aces, I usually wait for the flop and just call until I know im in the clear lol

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you play at pokerstars you get poket AAs cracked most of the
time, to many bad beats there.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I win, but there have been more than a few times where I have been waiting a long time for a hand, get dealt aces, and end up exiting the tournament. When this happens I always look to see if I could have played them differently.

There have been times where the flop is simply a bad flop for Aces to continue betting but I did anyway.

If you are looking for your mistakes you will improve. If you are chalking everything up to bad luck you might not.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I win, but there have been more than a few times where I have been waiting a long time for a hand, get dealt aces, and end up exiting the tournament. When this happens I always look to see if I could have played them differently.

There have been times where the flop is simply a bad flop for Aces to continue betting but I did anyway.

If you are looking for your mistakes you will improve. If you are chalking everything up to bad luck you might not.
KK vs 98
If I'll had AA, I'll played its like this KK, but I'll be crushed by 89s also.
Spot:
89s - MP - Stack 150k
KK - Button - Stack 50k
PF 89s open raise 2,3BB, KK 3bet 8,3BB, 89s call.
F 89s check, KK allin 20BB, 89s call.

1. Is KK must push allin preflop?
2. Is 89s could made profitable call allin preflop cause his stack = 3x stack of KK?

Sirkiba

Sirkiba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes they crack, but I will always raise or re-raise with them preflop and always call pre-flop all-ins. Gotta put some pressure on. Some post flop situations I might fold them against a terrible flop like a straight or flush draw.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't play your aces aggressively preflop and allow too many multi way flops your aces will get cracked more often.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

a play where you should win a lot of chips, playing treh-beth or leaving the hidden pair and betting little during turns, if you're not afraid of the cards on the table.:deal:

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
View attachment 291046
If I'll had AA, I'll played its like this KK, but I'll be crushed by 89s also.
Spot:
89s - MP - Stack 150k
KK - Button - Stack 50k
PF 89s open raise 2,3BB, KK 3bet 8,3BB, 89s call.
F 89s check, KK allin 20BB, 89s call.

1. Is KK must push allin preflop?
2. Is 89s could made profitable call allin preflop cause his stack = 3x stack of KK?

You played it fine. Unfortunately you got unlucky.