Do you think studying póker makes you win?

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i should take a look at what you call studying...
reading books
playing free rolls
watching better players
learning pot control
studying strategies
etc etc

You can still bum out on a first hand aces all-in! :))

A

Alyzgirlz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning?

Sure it will, if u don't practice..... Well u know practice makes perfect.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying makes you better if you're trying to get better.

Reading a book won't do anything for you if you're not paying attention and actively engaging in the content. The same can be said for playing more hands or more sessions.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Studying poker will not make you win, it will give you resources to do probability readings to make more profitable plays

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think that only studying you will win, but I think that it is an important part to develop as a good poker player, not only studying books, studying other players' strategic moves and at the same time studying the same tablemates with them. what are you playing, all that, plus experience in the game will develop you as a poker professional. Regards.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying does not MAKE me win. ;) However, 100% I can say that studying has HELPED me win. :) I use a lot of different methods and try to find the best strategy that I am able to implement.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You dont need to study to win a tournament in poker. But to become a good player who wins at poker you should study to become this player. Very few people just hand natural talent.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think study helps you when you start playing poker ,but when you play longer your experience will help you more

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think studying poker and practicing every day is one of the important keys to win, it doesn't make sure you will win but it increases the chance of winning. I heard many stories about old-school players becoming bad players because they didn't study new poker theories.

A

Auswa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing many tournaments is 1 of the keys to actually been successful playing tournaments.

Poker goals in mtts should be playing volume and study volume not $ won. Playing tournaments is probably a bad way to earn all your money. Some get away with it and are able to do it for a extended period of time. Most fail. One of the most difficult ways to make money is by playing poker tournaments. Live cash games are probably the best way to make money playing poker. But not as sexy as mtts live or online.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Maybe for some people studying poker will make you better, but not for me. Yes I have read a couple of books a long time ago, and yes I admit there are many better poker players than me around.

But I follow my own strategy, my gut instinct when I play, if it works for you then great , no need to waste energy on study poker or even spending money on a coach.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any of your games or articles advances your knowledge. But in order to play better, you also need to analyze your game.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker I don't know why I thought it was good, without having ventured much in this world, after a while I realized that to be really good at something you have to dedicate time, train hard and learn from the players. more experienced

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it make you win? No? Will it improve your win rate and lead to more cashes, more deep runs and eventually wins? Yes.

If you want to improve at this game study and reflection are important or eventually you will stagnate and the field's skill will surpass yours.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a skill based game, with elements of luck involved.

This means that, just like in any game, profession or sports, you need both theoretical and practical knowledge to be successful. Just like you need both hands to make a clap, in poker, you need both studying and playing real hands in order to improve.

Doing just one will not do you any good. So, my answer is yes, you definitely need to study poker to win. But you can't invest all the time to it of course. You should find the perfect balance between studying, playing, and resting as well.

I would suggest 5 hours of studying and 20 hours of playing per week, if you are taking the game seriously. If you have more spare time than you can increase the hours correspondingly

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think learning is a necessary thing for every player. Through learning, we can improve our skills. But learning must always be combined with practice, only then will there be an appropriate effect.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

no !! but I think you are more prepared to compete against anyone !! Knowledge is important, then the luck factor also enters, you can study all the bases the percentages but nothing is perfect in the matter of poker

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Definitely yes !!! Studying poker, you know in what situations and how to act correctly and most profitable !!!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a matter of playing many tournaments and getting to know the game and rivals
Hello, I think learning poker and learning strategies leads to victory! After all, in any case, studying this craft leads to success, it concerns not only poker, but not one theory does not compare with practice! I believe that the most important thing is practice, the more you practice, the more you begin to understand how to play against one or another person! In general, you need to train stubbornly and develop, only then will you begin to progress and succeed! But this is personally my opinion!

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
FUN have

i like watching live poker teaches me a lot. what makes a winner in poker must be patience, because each round has something different and there can be your victory:deal::cool::rolleyes:

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying and practicing make you a much better player.