Do you bluff?

S

Samplz22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a beginner, I try to avoid it. Helps to avoid harmful situations.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't much of a question. If you don't bluff, you don't win. Period.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not very often, in the low limit mtts some one is going to look you up unless you will
to bluff full pot. On the river it more value betting than bluffing, if I think I get a player to pay off the last bet I will take it.

N

ndarragh91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and how often depends on position and stack size

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course, you have to bluff or its basically impossible to be profitable player.

meser09

meser09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't much of a question. If you don't bluff, you don't win. Is impossible to be profitable player if you do not bluff.

G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to blef. I think, to win by blefing, is a great pleasuere in poker. real adrenalin.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluff is part of the game and a good strategy to win against tough players.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the situation allows you to bluff, then of course I'm bluffing. Without bluffing, it’s sometimes difficult to lift the stack

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bluffs often get called as I’m playing low stakes and the risk for callers is relatively low regarding amount of potential winnings that are at stake.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its such a general term. If your pure bluffing a lot you really putting yourself at risk to lose a lot. But you may get away with it here or there in good spots. You may think your bluffing but be ahead and thinly value betting and not betting you may be pushed off the hand with a worse hand. With a lot of outs with a semi bluff you stand a good chance of wining anyway.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really depends on player and hand but I used to never bluff in live games but have bluffed online rarely when I strted online now 10 years later I bluff on regular basis when its right time but when I get caught it sucks you just got to know how long you can keep up the bluff on 1 hand.

SO NOW U KNOW I BLUFF JUST FOLD WHEN I DO OK HE-HE

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to do it because when the reality comes very strong so I better put my feet on the ground

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point we all do it all depends on the circumstance and how the hand develops. the bad thing is that if you do it too often you will lose more than you will gain a lot of risk

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, bluffing is part of the game :)

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff? Sometimes, never, often? I'm still playing my rookie season in poker, I tried it very few times, it worked every time. Maybe not a bad way to steal a hand when you are chip leader. Of course you can always make an unnecessary loss.

Bluffing is essential because a good poker player must have the malice to bluff, in contrast to being a strategist and hitting hands that can bring a safe pot without having to take so much risk.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i do it a lot when i see tight players . And in general i like to play the player not always the cards. I like to steal pots with small hands.

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Embarrassed?

I kinda feel shame when I play a bad hand and the guy gets beat with KK and I have 4 2 off...y'know when the don't raise you on BB

xccp

xccp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the mood of the opponents. If they let you bluff, why not ?)).

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there at least one poker player who doesn't bluff? so many people are bluffing in real life, not in the game

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll Club Password Access

less in tournoment often in cash game, if I've been cheapleader I bluff certainly.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At low levels I think bluffing is not very profitable in the long run. So that tool is not very polished in my game. Nor do I think it is a fundamental tool to be a winning player, but it allows us to have a balanced game and not become exploitable.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must bluff in order to play, sure there is no hope for the FT or bubble if you dont.
Playing poker with A 10 and representing them as a AA is a skill which must be learned during the years.
If you are beginner then you might find yourself in a position where you don't know when and from which position to pull that.
You must build yourself on the table, steady reputation which will give you chance to win some of the pots with not so much effort.
Watching some yt how to will help, but with needed executing on real play, you know if the man was able to do things just by viewing we all have been "pro's".