Do Poker Sites Favor Players from Under-Represented Countries? (VIDEO)

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you make some very important points about confirmation bias in that video. Confirmation bias can make people believe in theories like "certain countries get favoured" or "the big stack get favoured", which is bad enough already. But it can also lead to theories like "my AK always lose", which can then make people afraid to play AK the way, they know, the hand should be played. Or outside of poker it could be "my relationships never last", which can then become a self fulfilling profecy. Looking forward to more great videos from you :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did a great job of explaining what confirmation bias is and how it affects our games!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you make some very important points about confirmation bias in that video. Confirmation bias can make people believe in theories like "certain countries get favoured" or "the big stack get favoured", which is bad enough already. But it can also lead to theories like "my AK always lose", which can then make people afraid to play AK the way, they know, the hand should be played. Or outside of poker it could be "my relationships never last", which can then become a self fulfilling profecy. Looking forward to more great videos from you :)

Thanks! Great point about other ways that confirmation bias can present. The most nefarious part of this is how hard it is to see when you're actually in it yourself.