Do People Value Freerolls?

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been in a few free rolls this pass month and cant believe the madness ive been seeing. I mean i know its free and all but you should still try to play your best. Ive

seen ppl called some huge preflop raises after initially limping and go on to winning pots with hole cards such as 10 6s, 94o, etc against the raisers who would have had

top prem hands. Free rolls seems to be a fish festival.It is so ridiculous how it seems so bingoish. I play free rolls for fun i will admit but i do try to have the same

strategy and solid game that i normally use in my mid-high stakes. Its insane how better my results are in mid and high stakes buy-ins(having cash in over 60% of

these tournys) in comparison to freeroll, which leads me to believe ppl dont value you free rolls, its basically a hit or miss fish festival. So with all humour i believe i to

when playing these free rolls in my spare time i will take the same hit or miss approach and leave the serious, more solid approach for my daily round games

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under a buy-in of 100$, the first hour is bingo..... no poker. There are to many fishes on the table....

This is the reason why i prefer live-poker

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
live poker sometimes could be very bad I mean if you playing cash game....

H

houstongrinder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time i just play every few hands till all the fish take themselves out, then hopefully i have enough chips to last to FT.

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose this kind of players to get my chips in a freeroll and its been having a good return (when I dont get a bad beat)

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love them. Always nice to play poker for free. For sure what was said is correct. some people play recklessly.

Thania Vento

Thania Vento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll

yes most of the time they value the freerolls because when they lose the bank the freerolls helps to get up

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No people don't value freerolls because they usually have little value. Small prize pool, nothing invested and having to play for hours and to win very little is a recipe for crazy play.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Because it's free many don't value it very much so they play a lot of cr***y hands , playing extra agressively loose , trying to bully the table and the rest of the players . I have seen them at many freerolls , the only way is to play the same strongly aggressively , sometimes ATC trying not to get blinded out because of them .

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been in a few free rolls this pass month and cant believe the madness ive been seeing. I mean i know its free and all but you should still try to play your best. Ive

seen ppl called some huge preflop raises after initially limping and go on to winning pots with hole cards such as 10 6s, 94o, etc against the raisers who would have had

top prem hands. Free rolls seems to be a fish festival.It is so ridiculous how it seems so bingoish. I play free rolls for fun i will admit but i do try to have the same

strategy and solid game that i normally use in my mid-high stakes. Its insane how better my results are in mid and high stakes buy-ins(having cash in over 60% of

these tournys) in comparison to freeroll, which leads me to believe ppl dont value you free rolls, its basically a hit or miss fish festival. So with all humour i believe i to

when playing these free rolls in my spare time i will take the same hit or miss approach and leave the serious, more solid approach for my daily round games

Value the experience is right approach I think

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
love playing freerolls even tho most of the time I get placed at some fishy tables. Freerolls offer a great way to boost our bankrolls and experience for free, can't beat that :)

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly this class of tournaments are good for training your game
I realy love playing freerolls))) sometimes

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under a buy-in of 100$, the first hour is bingo..... no poker. There are to many fishes on the table....

Play in a 60 dollar buy in on acr I can assure you it is not ****ing bingo and you will not find many fish

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I'll never play them again soon, they make me sad... I'm trying my best. playing solid ABC poker and soon get short stacked seeing how ppl make stacks with K5o cracking aces,kings and so on. Then I get my pocket kings and I'm thinking "my god, it's my time to face a guy with 85 suited' ...

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand the thinking of the bingo players. I try to use freerolls to improve my game. There is a few hands that I feel the only way to play them is to go all-in or fold. But other than those 2 or 3 hands I use the freerolls to improve my ability to read other players as well as figure what bets are most likely to be called if I have the nuts. I just don't understand the BINGO mentality in a poker game. I feel it proves they CAN'T play poker!!!!!:D:D

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would so no, people play obviously more loose don't care as much because theirs no skin in the game. when it comes close to in the money however, things will tighten up. the beginning is a free for all

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With no risk of a loss people tend to play very loose and call off very light.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are right it is pure madness in most if not all freerolls. I do not think the average player really values a freeroll. I think they just see it as a chance to play like a donk and maybe get some $ without an entry fee.

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To add, I also believe that the more time you play poker with the same players, patterns start to resonate. For instance if I know a player I am playing with really well, I can make better hypothetical judgments on cards I believe he/she has.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm not sure it takes a 100 buy in for people to care, to be well rolled for a 100 buy in you need to have at least 20k, that's not a 20k life roll either lol. To answer the OP, I think some care and some don't--some people figure they'll double up or bust early and they think their time is best spent that way. At the same time, I know some people from 3rd world countries can make a living of freerolls.

Y

YungDupLa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing solid poker at freerolls seems to work the best. you should be more than happy to let fishys put all their chips in the middle with weaker hands. due to the huge field and relatively small % of players paid ( at my site anyway ) you need to play a huuuuuge volume of them to really make good use of your superior poker knowledge.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first hour in freerolls is madness, but afterwards people are playing a bit more serious. So yeah normally I tend to play pretty straightforward in the first period of huge freerolls and call all ins alot wider.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I fully agree with you, it's hard to play qualitatively in free games, very many players play in such tournaments with some disdain, do not value them and constantly go all-in, with absolutely any hands. Sometimes it just freaks me out and I'm boiling .. I have wins in freerolls and they are pretty nice, but more I'm feeling negative about such games. I hope that I will be able to collect a bankroll for the game in ordinary games for money and do not have to be angry and play free games!

Freeroll Passwords