Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Id like to think it does not change my play or attitude but I am sure it does to some degree. I am lucky that for the most part I dont go on tilt and let if affect me to badly if it does,

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it will have a considerable impact.
However, because of luck, there are times when It can't help but get rid of it.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do get conservative after too many bad beats. I remember losing 6 flips in a row. Post that I was playing AK conservatively.

J

juntao

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all ever, it is the luck of the draw. You know how many A/K I have had and lost with, multiple.. Heck I do better with 3/7 or 2/7 half the time

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I really get annoyed, and experiment in different styles of play because of bad beats. I think bad beats teach you to be patient.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Only for like 15mins hopefully I still have a stack after that 15 mins :rolleyes:

melaniaaachen

melaniaaachen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is fine. The main thing is to have a positive attitude and continue to play. I even have a big playlist of songs to raise the spirits.

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad

I hate to admitt it but it sure scews up my game.

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not going to lie but a bad beat with me holding good hands does deflate me. I find myself playing silly after and going all in etc which strangely works and helps me re coop!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 bad beats , No.
2 bad beats , No.
3 bad beats , No.
4 bad beats , No.
5 bad beats , No.
6 bad beats , i don't think so.
7 bad beats , let me see next.
8 bad beats , it will not happen again.
9 bad beats , Is it poker?
10 bad beats , D*m it, it's poker.

Bad beats not change my way to play, but change my comment to poker.

2fingershuffle

2fingershuffle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gameplay does not change.
Breaks in the game really help to deal with bad shots.So this is good advice to listen to.Have a cup of tea with sweets.sweetness defuses the atmosphere of anger.

I listen to standup comedy when I get close to boiling point.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope, bad beat are always here to stay

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One or two bad beats don't. But I have to admit that if they keep happening then I am likely to start second guessing myself and it does. When that happens, I will stop playing if I can (like not still in a tournament).

Also, if I do have multiple bad beats happening, it is likely due to something I am doing wrong and need to take some time to re-evaluate my own play to see what I should be doing to prevent those situations.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all depends sometimes i can fold good hands and play tight you just have to play thr it lol

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I actually do not mind taking bad beats (and I have taken some nasty ones lately). It is all a matter of variance and generally, you are going to get those people who gave you those bad beats and take back twice (or more) as much from them.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not make rash bad calls, do not try to bluff. Stop playing, continue the next day. Follow and play the bankroll. Remember that at a distance, playing in a tight-aggressive style, we will not lose.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed that when i get a really bad beat it changes the way i play and how i bet..Is this me tilting or am i just running bad. I have been told to sit out and walk away for a few minutes..How do you guys deal with the bad beats or bad play that you run into ?

Yep, definitely affects play.

After a nasty beat, assuming my stack isn't critical, I like to take a quick break, get a beer and have a smoke and get my head right before going back to the game or I'll probably play too aggressive especially if I get in a hand with the same villain again.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 weeks ago ,when i was playing cash game , i play with pair of King , pre2 flop K 7 6 , Turned i bet and turn 7 , other player had four kind of 7 , i lost 100 immediately , but doesn't matter i will win later
but the more experiences the more you expertised ,

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I have become very use to bad beats.
Leave the site where this person plays alone. They will try to entice with free rolls but once they have your tendencies, they will give u just enough to lose, imo. It's the way to keep new, looser players in the game. You can tell the difference between a "bad beat" vs a rig, if every time you play JJ-KK you lose to AT-A2. The site this person plays at will riverr@pe you most of the time, imo. And yes I just lost with QQ vs AJ, another 3 outer larceny. GL

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes, sometimes. But I try to play "my game". Is not easy.

Nochaser

Nochaser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed that when i get a really bad beat it changes the way i play and how i bet..Is this me tilting or am i just running bad. I have been told to sit out and walk away for a few minutes..How do you guys deal with the bad beats or bad play that you run into ?

You can very well be running bad when you went through the bad beat. Walking away so that you can get some air and clear your head helps most times. Depending on how you handle bad beats it can also help you not to tilt as bad.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overall, I don't think that bad beats have changed my play. They do, however, become a source of frustration, and will make me pack it in for the day.

I also have come to realize bad beats are a part of the game, and that I have probably done it as many times to others, as they have done it to me.

S

SuiGeneris89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash or MTT?

Cuz I can understand not being mad about losing a hand in a bad beat at a cash table....

But I am so freaking sick of putting in 6 hours to come up mere places shy cuz someone 2 outted and sunk me. This happens tooooo frequently!

Yes, Yes, Bad beats do affect my play, because if I get enough of them I stop playing.

Flop the rainbow straight? lose to 2 pair
Flop a set or 2p? Lose to straight

I would be ok with the bad beats if I could HIT even 1/3 as many as I receive, but the amount of bad beats to clean runouts is too high.

Bad beat: to me, having already hit your better hand with 80% or better post flop.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, since a bad beat damages the chip stack. I play with more urgency.