The Course by Ed Miller

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am all for paying money for quality content, but since it is 50 bucks paperback and kindle alike, I have to ask if anyone has paid that price and is it worth it? I honestly can’t trust Amazon reviews and well, If anyone puts a price that high on a (poker) book, it should be open for discussion lol

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's be honest, the book is a work of fiction. If someone published textbooks, that is, systematized information with statistics, examples, calculations about a specific discipline in this case on poker, it would be a different matter. Then it would make sense to talk about it, and so I think that the best assistant in the development of you as a player is practice and analysis in specialized programs of your game and the game of your opponents.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker books are a bit of an outdated thing in general. Today there are much more dynamic ways to learn poker like training sites and various forms of paid software. So would I personally spend 50$ on a book from 2015? Probably not.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am all for paying money for quality content, but since it is 50 bucks paperback and kindle alike, I have to ask if anyone has paid that price and is it worth it? I honestly can’t trust Amazon reviews and well, If anyone puts a price that high on a (poker) book, it should be open for discussion lol
If you are not aware of things such a Minimum Defense Frequency and streets of value then this book might be helpful. Otherwise, skip it and go for something more recent