Cardschat "Holecards Revealed" Tourney Video

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good stuff i wish this is what i saw when i actually played against these people lol!

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...the kind assistance of kcanuck in chasing people for HHs

I wondered about how it was compiled. I *assumed* that all 9 people exported their PokerTime hand histories, then you could just import them, and poof, a few minutes later you have details for the entire tournament that can be replayed via PT. But I guess it was more complex than that?
I know at a couple points the legitimacy of the folded and raised hands was questioned (like an A/Q fold and a 6/3 raise).

I'm really looking forward to the next video, an appreciate all the time and effort everyone puts into it.

I've pretty much downloaded everything in this section, but haven't watched it all yet. Has anybody compiled a "Holecards Revealed Ring Game" video yet? I don't remember one. I'd volunteer to play and give my hand history for one of those. I think it'd be cool to play in a game where I could *know* what I was up against. Even if I lost my entire buy-in it'd be worth it.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 separate HHs essentially had to be merged into one document - PT didn't like it when I imported them separately.

So the 'master' HH would look like...

Dealt to blah - Seat 1 [two cards]
Dealt to blah - Seat 2 [two cards]
Dealt to blah - Seat 3 [two cards]
etc.

And 'blah mucked [two cards]' when a player mucks

At least this is how I remember it - I'll need to refresh myself before I start, heh.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember fooling around with some HHs to get a replayament and doing exactly that, but it didn't work. Specifically with vanq and mine's HU game.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luckily I think I still have the PTDB I used for the first one lying about, but even if I don't we got it working through trial and error first time, so I can probably do it again - the fun!

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luckily I think I still have the PTDB I used for the first one lying about, but even if I don't we got it working through trial and error first time, so I can probably do it again - the fun!

If you need someone to do the grunt work (copying and pasting) just let me know.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the next few days i'll establish exactly what needs to be done (might not be until the end of the week, but I'll have time after then because the boss is on holiday for a week :eek:), and I may well be in touch, ta guys.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been thinking about it, and while I agree with just about everything that Dorkus says in the video, I think his British accent gives him more credibility.

Whenever Hollywood wants to make a professor or super villain smart, it gives them a British accent.

Of course, if Britney Spears continues to use the British accent all that might change.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bumping a gem like this is fine with me. :)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was excited about the new one coming out till I remembered that I never could get these to play. I'll make it my new mission again. :)

thanks dorkus for all your time and the hard work you're doing on this . :)

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i wouldnt want to be in this, so people dont see my crazy plays lol

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to bump a crazy old thread... this is really helpful though. We should do another one of these!

The commentary is really useful and it also is very insightful in that it shows how often different things are the best hand. I think watching it has improved my tournament play a lot :)

Whatever happened to mischman anyway? He was sort of before my time.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't find the one I was in :( It was a cash game. ANyone care to do some detective work?

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats really cool how u did that & is a really good idea for all future events

Now that this has already been BUMPd, I'd like to leave a comment or 2 :top:

1. I know it's been a long time (about 2 & 1/2 years) since I commented on this originally, & I remember viewing this thread/watching the videos but I don't remember leaving that comment that I quoted above. Man, I must've been REALLY drunk :beer: :drunken_s:drunken_s:drunken_s

2. Being that this was a great original idea & the fact that the quality of PT3 & abilities of the other video/voice recording software has gotten better, I can't wait to see the next videos.

3. Uhmmm :hmmmm:, hey DM, how & why hasn't this become a 'Sticky' yet? :confused:

I can't find the one I was in :( It was a cash game. ANyone care to do some detective work?

Maybe it's here>>> https://www.cardschat.com/f53/index-cardschat-members-videos-cash-games-149137/ , not sure though, didn't look very hard. I hope you find it eventually.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, DM, you sound like one of the Beetles.:) Great vid!!! We need to bring this back. I would be willing to help make new ones in the future, if you still wanted to.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't know how I missed this post.. watchin' the videos now, great bump, Trigga!

If you guys do this again, I would be willing to jump in as well.. you need at least one donk at the table! haha... plus, I could use the critique.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also send in my hands, tho most would think i'm crazy for how i play....
Great videos DM, every game i play i can just about call every move out...

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching this video, shows it's ok to raise, with any Ace.
And how you should be thinking, well your playing.

valientone

valientone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really dont get the point of this video.... is it meant to show you how the cards fall or is it some sort of algorithim? something like that?