Building Your Online Poker Bankroll from Nothing

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Building a bankroll from freerolls is possible, If you have patience and able to devote time .Signing up to a poker site usually provides special freerolls that do not have as many entries as most and also offers additional $$ in the pool,Also always signup thru a link such as CardsChat prior to downloading a poker site.. https://www.cardschat.com/ which will provide additional promotions for a new player to learn and increase their Bankroll
Earning $$ by freerolls can be a slow process and some might prefer to take advantage of depositing and recieving the bonus which can help alot incresing ur $$ to play with.If just starting I suggest staying away from Cash games until you are fully comfortable ,,you can lose ur nice bankroll fairly fast,,Good Luck .

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is my plan now, I have already deposited a lot of money, and I broke the bank because I always had money to put back in poker, but now I will not spend my money but I want to have a healthy bankroll with freeroll only and after that I will pay the MTT. After reading the story of playing Akkari, where he said he never put a real ($ 1) dollar to play poker, he built your fortune with freeroll, I'm willing to try it too.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a fantastic thread to read. Lots of varied responses. I personally like a SnG 1up.

pedro2125

pedro2125

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I can attest that the most important thing to maintain your bank is the discipline, I lost a lot of money in my principles in the game for not following the advice of those who wanted to help me, but all this has led me to where I am now, I can say that now I am better at managing my banking and much calmer when it comes to making difficult decisions in the game.

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i made so many times money from nothing on stars 888 unibet coral... like every site.. its possible for sure, but my problem is i play tournaments with all my bankroll and there is so many bad beats :/ so i lost all and then i start from 0 already :D

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
build a bankroll from nothing

I am one of the many who have never made a deposit for online poker....paranoia, I guess...with my son downloading all sorts of games, music, etc., I ended up with a virus which crippled me to the point I had to pay about $100 for at home Geek Squad service...anyway, I digress. I started playing freerolls at poker stars and Full Tilt. There is a larger amount of luck involved in freerolls because many players just keep going all in (sometimes with nothing) since they have nothing at stake. I have had a few successes, and at one time, I turned a little over a dollar from a freeroll into $150 on Full Tilt. I played small cash tables, but moved up as I increased my bankroll. I started playing so much that my wife complained that we spent too little time together and that she could never get access to our computer. So, I decided to go big with my $150. I played in $1/2 tables, telling my wife that I would quit that day in one of two ways....either I would win a thousand dollars ($1000) or I would go bust. I went bust in less than ½ hour. I then found Cardschat. In the CC freerolls, the odds are much better, since the average number of participants is around 100 to 150, which is a lot better than the 6 or 7 thousand players in some other freerolls. Play the CC freerolls, and you WILL have success, and can build your bankroll from nothing.

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not consider freerolls as a method for building a bankroll from scratch. I consider them as a platform for experiments with my game theory.

Private freerolls are a good step. The main thing is to get the access to the password. Comparing Cardschat with other forums is inexpedient. For me personally, CC is an effective way to build a bankroll. Others do not act on me.

I also like to play Shootout SNG. I often get to the top 2.

I remember when I registered on pokerstars, on the first deposit I received a Welcome Bonus of $ 20. For four years, pokerstars gave me three times $ 5 just for no reason. And several times I received tickets at the price of $ 1 as a gift too.

I do not have the patience to methodically increase the bankroll. Therefore, as soon as I have a minimum amount for withdrawal - I withdraw money and buy myself a small gift.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally , I started playing in poker sites with a deposit because it was my first experience I didn't know too much about players and the games given by Pokerstars or any other site so at first I was loosing a lot , and making a lot of depositing then I realized what I'm doing is wrong actually , randomly I found a great advice and it was about try freerolls , gain experience when playing with big fields and try to survive analyse oppenents etc from that time I didn't make any deposit just playing Cardschat freerolls because they are really the best and I managed to build a small bankroll and I'm trying to reach my objectives .. so for every beginner , try freerolls at first gain experience as much as you can because you will know how much these small prices are very important and they're gonna absolutely improve your game.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's tough but not impossible, I have entered Sunday millions through freeroll bankroll

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really a dream to start a backroll only paying freeroll. imho this is not impossible but its is very hard and require from the beginner a big amount of time. Fighting big field with few cash return.

Indeed I believe that a small first deposit is the better solution. If you start really small keep in mind that theoretically you can only spend 1-2% of your bankroll in a single tournament or buy-in you are in a good path.

finally, i conclude saying, in my opinion of course, that is not possible to play cash game with at least a started backroll of 50-100$ because of the buy in rule that I cited before.

The best way to start a bankroll with freeroll is becoming a Cardschat Freeroll Member and playing everyday.
I agree totally that it would be best to start with a small deposit - yes it is a hassle to do so if
1. you don't have a credit card
2. you have a credit card and it is not accepted by the poker site you want to deposit to
3. if you are in a rush to get that stack built up
So, if you have a lot of time on your hands , then by all means play freerolls - but don't expect a fast turnover on your time
It took me over 3 years to actually win money from freerolls, and the first time I won was not with Cards Chat - it was with Poker School on PokerStars.
Then I did win about $3 worth on Full Tilt - and yea - they shut down for several months and my only stack with it.
So , patience , and then when that doesn't work - lessons , and lots of practice !
The best is to have poker as a form of entertainment to start , and not depend on it as an income source for beginners.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing for free, it is hard to try hard to win. This is because you don't have anything at stake. If you win $$ then it will be motivation to keep trying , that is why there are so many donkey players.
You can build a stack totally on freerolls , but if you make a deposit - then one tends to now play better , and if you lose your money - not free money - then you will want to learn what you have done wrong and try to improve your game.
Cards chat is a very good place to learn how to improve your game with friendly people to help you .

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting with freerolls is great, Poker Stars has a League where you can build a hralthy bankroll. Cardchats covers several sites and you can build there. Another good one is Jackpot freerols.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great job on the discussions for this article!

ebellari

ebellari

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was asking my self that same question , and i think its possible to make a big bankroll out of nothing.
seriously if you cant then you cant do it even if you deposite
i didnt know before about freerolls at all, i was fighting to make a bank account and have a master card
but now i spend a lot of time leaning poker and playing freerolls
i made my first win in a tournament and won some cash
im not giving up till i do it :D

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s definitely possible to build a bankroll from nothing, being a CC member definitely helps, getting access to exclusive freerolls we’re the play is higher and the fields are smaller.
Another way other than playing freerolls is to take advantage of sites that offer no deposit bonuses. party poker had a $10 no deposit bonus at one time(possibly still do) and I was able to run it up to a little over $1000, playing just cash at 1st and then low buyin MTTs(mostly PLO, they were very soft at the time).

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is our discussion for Week 1 of the CardsChat Forum Challenge. Even if you are not participating in the challenge - feel free to join in on the discussion!

We would all love to avoid making deposits - the ultimate dream of most beginner and intermediate poker players is to build a bankroll from nothing. We have an article on this topic here:

Building Your Bankroll From Scratch

Read the article and let's discuss it here!

View attachment 166141

from experience to a beginner is not so difficult to have a good Bankroll with freerolls!!! he is not very easy if he is a CardsChat member, and he can play every day at Daley Freeroll! is a very good way to learn and show his skills without risk !! then in my opinion f a new player wants to risk with moderate he can make a small deposit and choose amongst the many tournaments that these companies provide with small buy-ins !!! :)

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is my plan now, I have already deposited a lot of money, and I broke the bank because I always had money to put back in poker, but now I will not spend my money but I want to have a healthy bankroll with freeroll only and after that I will pay the MTT. After reading the story of playing Akkari, where he said he never put a real ($ 1) dollar to play poker, he built your fortune with freeroll, I'm willing to try it too.
good, I also follow this idea, I have made two deposits in the PS until just not having problems with the drafts and always shooting a little a month playing Freerolls and satellites and participating in promotions of tournament entries, this has all worked, of course which takes a little longer.
Nothing is easy.
We are together.
😎👊🍀💰

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the article
Very useful, I'm still a beginner in poker

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do wish some good luck on freerolls! Freerolls are very hard to win! So play very tight in the early levels of a mtt!

J

jt2oux

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW Chris Ferguson spoke about building his bankroll for the $10k challenge and he admitted to losing his first dollar he grinded up and deposited a single dollar to replace it. Still a remarkable grind considering.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unique opportunity gives me CardsChat to create a bankroll from 0 and I think that not only me, there are good opportunities to fight for cash prizes with a small number of players that will have needlejet we do not 1 the poker room where the Freeroll is involved in 5-10 thousand players and a chance to earn bankroll just for poker sites with 0 are very small.

Darthraiser

Darthraiser

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love your guys' posts thus far. I feel like I can relate to some and love the advice on bankroll strategy. Personally I'm a freeroll fallout been playing poker online for years on and off for long extents of time mostly freerolling to build rolls.. I've had long lows and good highs but one thing I never did right was bankroll management, I was always chasing money and if I did have some management it was way out of an acceptable range for my bankroll which leaves me here with years of online poker experience without anything to show for it except a few small cashouts over the years... I don't know if you guys have this problem but the advice I'm taking from this thread is TO ALWAYS FOLLOW A STRICT BRM and I have to stress the fact that the only way to be successful at freerolling and poker long term is having good bankroll management. or you can join me in the loser circle, but hopefully I won't be here much longer :D
I'm there to buddy study hard and keep at it

V

Viken52

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i am going to challenge myself to try this, building a bankroll from free rolls and forum, free rolls

Eriktommy163

Eriktommy163

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls really help. Firstly for those who are just starting to play, and secondly, those who play the first year, but at the same time can not afford to make a deposit (like me for example). I recently joined the SS and has already managed to play in one freeroll, and I hope to continue to take part in the tournament), but I like freerolls, where for winning seats give the tickets to tournaments more serious than a couple of dollars.

R

Richdublin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been both type of players, I used to run with a good bankroll and play many many hours a day but circumstances has changed and I am.looking to see if I can build a bankroll from zero through freeroll ect it's a long road, a tough road and it will show me if I really am as good as I think I am so it should be fun

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management