Bubble play

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 players at the table So you are sat UTG you have Ad Td you raise 2BB goes round to CO who shoves all in hes been playing pretty loose in this position you have noticed and everyone else has folded when it comes back to you, You have him covered but it will leave you with 1.26BB what do you do. Call or Fold,

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7 players at the table So you are sat UTG you have Ad Td you raise 2BB goes round to CO who shoves all in hes been playing pretty loose in this position you have noticed and everyone else has folded when it comes back to you, You have him covered but it will leave you with 1.26BB what do you do. Call or Fold,

Thank U 4 Posting

The data that makes up your decision on bubble play is:

Value of min cash-
Do you need the min cash or are you focused on the money up top
In a satty the A10 is a raise fold for instance if not an open fold.

Size of stacks in relation to the blinds and the other players.
Are you 6 of 7 or 2 of 7.
Do you have 8bb total or 18bb total.

What was the size of the V shove?
Would the V expect to be called more often or would they think you would fold?
So while the V is loose agg would they shove AX versus an UTG bet on the bubble? We want to be dominating some of their hands.

Hope this helps
:):)

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to be ignorant of the important details aforementioned by eetenor to simplify my response. The right move is based on exactly what the scenario is, but, I'll be assuming it's a relatively normal bubble structure as to give general advice in similar situations.
One thing to consider is that lose players, although they are more likely to have worse hands, and still equally as likely to have good hands as everyone else. They tend to shove with both good and bad hands. Thank being said, I think a lot of his range would still beat ATs, so you have to consider for yourself how wide his range is and decide based off of that, whether or not to call. If you're unsure, in this situation. In this situation, personally, I would advise a fold since betting under the gun suggests your range is really strong, and thusly, the cut off likely had cards at the top of his range.

Another thing to take into consideration the fact that you cover the other player's stack. He's aware of the fact that you could knock him out the tournament and, might even being using his notoriously wide range to provoke more calls from worse hands. I'm betting in this spot he has you beat.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here is an easy call when it comes to a tournament!

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its an easy fold but it depends how well you studied his game. Playing loose dosent mean he will go only for the top pairs. Many guys right now in online poker are well educated, is just the lack of experience and luck id say, which differ a winner to a looser in poker

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it really depends on a couple of factors like own stack size, own image and playing style of the loose opponent. In case of being short stacked (< 10 BB) I probably would call. ATs is in a aprox. 7.1% hand range, which isn´t that bad. When the loose opponent pushes for example any pair, A2s, A5o, any broadway, sc´s incl. 98s you should be a huge favorite. Most players try just to survive and get into the money. Loose fun players otherwise seem to seek the trill of pushing and do not really care. Anyway, it´s a hard decision - I would be happier to have a hand like 99.

Cheers

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your input I had just been all in with this player when I had pocket 10s he had 5BBs and I had 16bb he put all in with A Q off the flop came 10 9 8 turn was a 3 and river J which put us even. 2 hands later I have ATd which I raised he put all in I called he had A 5 off flop 2 4 8 turn Q river 3 no diamonds at all. I trusted my instincts that I was ahead which I was but its the cards in the middle that make all the difference.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your input I had just been all in with this player when I had pocket 10s he had 5BBs and I had 16bb he put all in with A Q off the flop came 10 9 8 turn was a 3 and river J which put us even. 2 hands later I have ATd which I raised he put all in I called he had A 5 off flop 2 4 8 turn Q river 3 no diamonds at all. I trusted my instincts that I was ahead which I was but its the cards in the middle that make all the difference.

Thank U 4 Posting

Using the cardschat odds calculator we see that our equity is 68% to win 10% ties versus all smaller AX 64% 10% for all suited smaller AXS

Thinking about what happens after we make the correct decision is bad for our mindset.
We have to maintain focus on what is in our control which is knowing our V could over play AX. Our V could have had KK that would not matter any more than them hitting a 5 on the river or some other type of loss.

It is hard to do for all of us but it may help you moving forward if after you make your last action you do not invest yourself in the results. The results are the results. So we need only ask was this the right decision-yes?- ok next hand. I do not know- I will post it- just as you have -next hand

Great job by the way. Keep working on your game and I hope you run well as well.

Hope this helps
:):)