Bet size

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
always keep the same bet size, is it good?

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there.!:)
It is better to vary depending on the structure of the table,opponents, position and response moves.If it is easier for a beginner, then it is more difficult for a regular (they can exploit your bet sizing).

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early position I usually increase the size a little because I have more hands to move!
In position I usually do between 2.5 and 3...

In cbets I usually make 30% of the pot, IP.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is undesirable to leave the rate constant. This allows opponents to read you.

blake2702

blake2702

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah mix it up a little so opponents have to keep guessing

L

luketta7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very important

Knowing how much to bet is critical in poker, as a good bet makes you win important chips and not lose them. Let me give you some betting tips: If you think you have the best hand, make bets to get more chips, don't bet too high or you could lose precious chips. Another tip is: if you think you have the best hand at the moment, but can easily be beaten by a better hand, I advise you to make a reasonable bet, around 70% of the pot, as your opponent will have to pay the price if he want to see more cards, and you can win chips if you don't bet too high too

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, positively not. That makes you predictable. And predictable is the last thing that you want to be at the poker table.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like betting the same amount (in ratio to the pot) if beginning because it gives you less things to focus on and it disguises the hand strength if you bet the same with bluffs, draws, made hands and the nuts. Once you grow as a poker player, you'll probably find exploitative spots where you may want to bet/raise various amounts.

As for open-raising, same concept for me. I like picking an open raise size and sticking with it (adding 1 Big Blind per limper), but of course this doesn't mean I can't adapt later if I want to change strategies for exploiting opponent or for effective stacks shifting.

You don't want to be open-raising for 3 bbs at an effective stack of 50+ bbs AND open-raising the same amount at 10 bb or less effective stacks. When short stacked, you may want to lower your raise size and all bets on future betting rounds or just open-shove All-in alternatively on hands you want to play.

I think Daniel Negreanu had a short video on this via YouTube; let me see if I can find it:

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
i think mixing a bet sizing is good. is really hard to read us.

pre flop i bettin from 2x to 3x in early phase of tournament i betting more. When tourney is going to end 2x open is exelent.

c-bet from 30% to 75 % of pot

turn and river mixing from 50% to 90 % of pot eventualy check raise when got a nuts.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I want what’s in the middle so I always bet big!