Best way to play pocket pairs?

C

chayek777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play pocket aces wrong because I lose with them a good bit. Anyone have advice

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

no advice colleague !!! You have had bad luck with your AAs, nothing else will happen to you!

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't let anyone else to see flop for cheap price, always make re-raises pre-flop. However if you get in an all in and still lose most of the time, then nothing you can do about it. Remember it's online.. I mean it's poker. Just bad luck.

hog123

hog123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on your position and the other players actions

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
The game with AA is very difficult-I myself used to hate it because of the losses.For myself, I decided not to go allin on the entire stack, from an early or middle position of 3bet or 2 \ 3 banks.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please note the number of participants.
AA has a high probability of losing straight or flush when there are 5 or more people.

D

duck_uggs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Please note the number of participants.
AA has a high probability of losing straight or flush when there are 5 or more people.
I disagree, but maybe I'm just nitpicking.

AA does have a lowered chance to win against multiple opponents but it's not just against a straight or a flush, it's against all combinations of winning hands. With that said, aces still has the best chance to win preflop against all other hands in a multiway pot.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces are the one hand that I want to get all my chips in with before the flop. That doesn't mean that I want to open shove with them. That often leads to the rest of the table folding, which means you get no value out of them. I'm going to make my standard of raise of 3x + 1x for each limper in the pot in front of me. If it's raised in front of me, then I'm going to 3-bet. If someone 3-bets me, then I'm going to 4-bet and so on until I feel that I'm either certain to get a call or that the pot is big enough that I will be satisfied taking it down if I don't.

After the flop, I'm going to continue betting. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't. If there is paint on the board, I'm hoping that my opponent got a piece of it and will come over the top of me. If small cards hit the board on the flop, I'm hoping my opponent will think I'm just making a standard continuation bet. Either way, I don't want to give my opponents any free cards to get lucky on me with. It's not too fancy, but it tends to be effective. At least it seems to work for me, at least most of the time.