Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
What would be best for?
I believe it will depend on the positions, effective stack... etc.

Or are you just wanting the results of the probabilities in a match between the 3?!
be that...

View attachment 333146
Thank you for your answer and the picture.
My question was which one would you choose to go all , assuming you were in the same situation.

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I look at the hiarchy of winning hands.

One pair (any pair) is ahead of the other hands.

Both A7 and JTs need to make a pair above 88 to have a chance of winning - or complete a flush or a straight. So those hands need to catch up.

Having said that - about half the time you can't win without an ace in your hand.

Cardschat has a free hand calculator that will show you the percentages (equity)....

Good luck !
Thanks for your words and thanks for the information.
See you later.
Good luck!

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I think I prefer 88. I really do get annoyed with people playing cards cos they are suited. Although looking at the 3-way comparison J10 suited beats the other hands, I also note in the straight hand comparison pockets pairs are ranked ahead of J10.
I think similar to you, I was also surprised to see the percentages of the three hands and see that Jt had the most. However, it is very risky to play a color or straight but we know that nothing is said with the cards

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Amongst these cards, highest ranked pre-flop is 8♦8♣ but I would prefer J♠10♠ as it is easiest to play for me after the flop. At the end of the hand, there is no card here that is better, it depends on how the cards are played in a given situation & the community cards dealt.

Very good decision. With those cards and after the flop you have a good set up. all three hands are strong but you never know in the game what is going to happen.
Thanks for your opinion.

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Why? Suited connectors give you more chances to win. It is ok that a straight flush on flop (or on the board) is very rare but you have also the chance to get a flush or straight. J10 suited is a good starting hand I guess.
Of course!
it is always better to have two cards of the same suit than of different ones. A hand is always sweeter if you see the same suit.
Thanks for your answer.

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Setting aside position and all the other factors, just plug into a poker odds calculator and you’ll see which is best. That said despite the odds some people prefer one hand over another
Each person has their taste and preference for cards.
That's good about this game that you never know what the other one has.
Thanks for your comment.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There is no such thing as what is the best, a 6 & 3 card can come and eliminate AA

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
to be honest, JTS has a better chance than other cards, but 88 is also a normal map, but in terms of chances I would choose JTS which is considered the highest percentage, you can calculate according to the program, so I think the program will show you this
I just wanted to know what people thought.
from what i see many choose 88 and other JTs while A7 don't.
I think that those who choose 88 tend to a safer game and those who choose JTs for a more risky game and in both cases it is totally correct since you never know what can come out.
But never give up on the A because if an A comes up you have everything to win and also that many times you win with a high card.

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
The 88 is the hand with the highest winning percentage. However, in relation to JTs, it only gains a 1% advantage, in fact it does not reach an exact 1%, but it is very close. Against the A7o the 88 has almost a 71% victory.
I don't believe many in percentages when playing poker. when a card can change everything in a matter of seconds and the percentages turn around.

Santuk

Santuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Depends on which position we are and what types of players we are dealing with.
Can you picture yourself playing these aforementioned combos from UTG on a table full of loose and fully aggressive players?
And other positions with another set of players?
Poker always depends on many things, some like the positions, the ways of playing the rivals, the number of chips, the time the blinds have and, in short, many other things.
I will try to capture those moments and of course I can pass them on to you.
Greetings!

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
JTs is the best hand out of the three preflop...however, they will not always win come showdown.

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
88 is best of these 3 hands ,you can be dominated easily with JTs vs AJ,KJ,QJ,AT,KT and it is really hard to get value if you hit TP .88 is a middle pair and it is easier to play.A7o easy fold preflop :D

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A7 is wick hand for me. I would probably choose frm 88 and JT and i think it's hard decision. JT is probably qiuet better hand.

V

Vinarty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on the 169 starting hands. Starting Hand rank and winning percentage for "JTs" #16 = 15.80%, " 88" #21= 14.20%, "A7o" #97 = 8.80%.

B

brian0532

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I prefer J10s are more probabilities and in the server spade is good for play

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
J♠10♠ or 8♦8♣ or A♦7♣

Suppose you are dealt these two cards in hand, which do you think is better?
J♠10♠ I would choose these cards, in my opinion they are better than the others you have placed!

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
88 without a doubt, it is always better to have 1 pair

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
For me I will take pocket 88s all day .then JTs then A7o. Thank you 🙏 for your question 🙋‍♀️

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop every made hand is preferred. So it is 88.
On the flop this may look different.