Bankroll management ... serious question!

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its make 0 difference if you have $200 on a ste and $1300 (dedicated to poker) BK = $1500

IF you bust $200
Dont foorget to revaluate your buy-in

Because if you dont, one day you will wake up with ony 25 buy-in
I personnaly have a spreadsheet and I ajust it evey day because I play on multiple sites/wallets

Last edited:
duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think having your bankroll not on a side holds a big disadvantage as arnakk postet above!
You tend to loose track of how much your actual bankroll is worth. Meaning if you are rebuying the 2nd time for 250$ and still would play 15$ Sit'n'go it would be against your bankrollmanagement since your total Bankroll would be only 1250$ and you should be playing 12,50$ buyin at max
If you want to play a 100 buyin BRM (i approve of that concept) you have to be able to see your total bankroll.

You will encounter up and downswings and have to adjust accordingly in your buy-ins. Whilst yes you can have a spreadsheet to keep track of your bankroll it is way easier to just look at the cashier telling you your total balance. So try to keep in mind that there mostly is just a disadvantage that makes you do extra work for no reason.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
no difference, if you are planning to use $1500 bankroll then you can play $15 buy-in no need to deposit in poker client better to leave it at your ATM, you are right to just deposit again if you lose

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
an important question - but not a catastrophic one! just observe the proportions of buyins - play - and the distance will show everything)))

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very serious, especially for me, especially not in poker itself, but when forming bets on the match (((( for example, 80 $ $$ disappeared last night? just because of the uncontrollability of the bankroll.....

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The key point isn't how much you deposit or where you keep it.

Its how you actually keep control of it and 'Manage it'

So for example, since I don't know you, I have no idea of your ability to beat $15? If you were to lose $500 of it, and still continue to play $15 then that is terrible bankroll mgt. It doesn't matter where you keep the money.
BUT you should be recognising that the level is too high and dropping down to $10 games instead.

I happily play some games at $3 and $5 on sites where I may only have $80, as my roll on other sites like pokerstars allow it. Even tho I usually play lower stakes.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management