** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well hello there, 10nl! Moved back down to rebuild the roll after a little tiff at 25nl. No worries though, not a huge dent to the BR, just moving down for confidence purposes. Should be back up in no time at all. :)

Stay away from me please :D i'm having a rough time of it there atm not really down much, like 3BI's but just swingy and break even ish, its making me play a few mtt's on the side to take a break from the 1.5hr +$2 sessions lol

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow orangepeeler you are a psycho man! how in the world can you play at that many tables at once bro. i would go nuts

you make more money playing like that? or do you think that you lose more?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow orangepeeler you are a psycho man! how in the world can you play at that many tables at once bro. i would go nuts

Because of the screenshot where he plays 6 tables? :D

LOL. Most of us play a lot more tables than that...

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

you make more money playing like that? or do you think that you lose more?

You must be talking about that 6 table screenshot, this isn't many tables lol, theres people on here that play like 20!

If i thought i was losing money i wouldn't play that many, FR i can play about 8 comfortably but thats nothing special, i play a lot of 6max atm though and can only manage about 3.

You sound amazed though, its not that hard really, just slowly add a table every week or so once your comfortable playing 2 or whatever, and get HEM or PT3 b/c you can't mutli-table over like 3 tables without a hud.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP1: $3.13 (62.6 bb)
MP2: $4.59 (91.8 bb)
MP3: $6.70 (134 bb)
CO: $6.42 (128.4 bb)
Hero (BTN): $5 (100 bb)
SB: $4.95 (99 bb)
BB: $3.02 (60.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with T A
MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, MP2 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.02) 3 A T (4 players)
BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB folds, MP2 raises to $1.25...

Will post results later.

Pretty much the responses I was expecting, and all entirely correct. I considered him having the 3's then decided the ace was a much more likley card. Also in my experiance players at this level will rarely c-r and fold to a raise, they want to get their chips in, so I just shoved the rest of mine in. He snap called, couple of blanks and he turns over A3. TY very much.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick Question to you all what would be your play here and why?

MP1 = 30/17/5 over only 30 hands
MP3 = 11/5/1.2 over 1.3k hands

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP2: $30.95 (123.8 bb)
MP3: $26.60 (106.4 bb)
Hero (CO): $26.50 (106 bb)
BTN: $25 (100 bb)
SB: $5.40 (21.6 bb)
BB: $26.15 (104.6 bb)
UTG: $16 (64 bb)
UTG+1: $9.15 (36.6 bb)
MP1: $22.60 (90.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with 5:heart: A:heart:
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises to $1, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1, Hero??

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I iso raise here. I like to play position on these guys and A5s is an ok hand to do that with. If we get 3 bet from the blinds, then we can still have some options. That's the only thing to consider here really, is if the blinds are sqz'ing a lot, then I may reconsider the type of hands I'll isolate with. But at first glance, without stats I prolly iso.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I iso raise here. I like to play position on these guys and A5s is an ok hand to do that with. If we get 3 bet from the blinds, then we can still have some options. That's the only thing to consider here really, is if the blinds are sqz'ing a lot, then I may reconsider the type of hands I'll isolate with. But at first glance, without stats I prolly iso.

MP1 Opened, this is 25NL.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting - I like Jagsti's line, and since I read it before posting, I'm a little embarassed by my natural reaction, which is to flat call and treat the situation like set mining/opportunity to steal postflop... Looking forward to other reactions.

Also, I'm playing 6max exclusively now, haven't played FR in a while - is this situation different for 6max vs. FR?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FR as there are more than 6 players :D

Yah - :p - re-phrase - if for FR (say) 3betting is your preferred play, would you play it differently if you were playing 6max? I think I'd play it the same in both (flat), but just curious.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah - :p - re-phrase - if for FR (say) 3betting is your preferred play, would you play it differently if you were playing 6max? I think I'd play it the same in both (flat), but just curious.

Iv never played 6max so cant offer any advice sorry.

I'm going to leave it to say what my preferred play is and why once a few more people have commented because I picked up a lil tip and will tell everybody what it is after. Just seeing people's normal plays :)

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I flat this and reasses on the flop. Reasons: A raise here builds a big pot with a v. marginal hand, and even with position I dont particulary want to play A5s in a 3bet pot. Especially with the nit still to act if you raise and I doubt hes getting involved in a 3bet with anything you strongly dominate. Essentially a raise pf's turning your hand into a bluff, which could turn really nasty on a A x x flop.

Just how id play it

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I'm really nitty in these kinds of spots but I would just fold it and get out of the marginal situation.

If we are playing it I think squeezing would be best. If mp1 comes over the top we're giving up. Mp3 is most likely set mining or seeing a flop in position with the same kind of weak suited connector type of hands so he'd probably fold to our squeeze as well as the limper. If mp1 just flat I guess we reevaluate on the flop ?

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It might be a bit nitty but i'd probably fold tbh, theres 4 more players to act behind you including an UTG player with a nearly half stack who limped in, wouldnt mind seeing his stats.

Flat calling looks weak i think and is just screaming for a squeeze from one of the players yet to act, if i was feeling brave i might squeeze myself and then make excuses about the meta-game and occasionally doing it with rags when someone pushed and i had to fold :D

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Afaik:
Isolation bet is when you raise after 1 or more limpers. With the intention of isolating preferably only one of the limpers and getting their easy $$ postflop.
Squeeze is when someone raises, someone else flats that raise, and we raise them both.

X

x4n4x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone else ever occasionally get caught up in a show down on one of the many table he/she might be playing and time out on something like AA on another table?? GRR pisses me off.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone else ever occasionally get caught up in a show down on one of the many table he/she might be playing and time out on something like AA on another table?? GRR pisses me off.

Nope, maybe you are playing too many tables.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Four Times Rule.
Odds converted to chance of winning.
Outs on flop x4 = the chance of winning by the river.
So if you have 10 outs on the flop, you have approx a 40% chance of winning by the river.
FWIW, this approximation gets pretty inaccurate over 8 outs. A good correction is to subtract 1% for every out over 8 outs.

i.e.,
10 outs = 40 - (10-8) = 38%
12 outs = 48 - (12-8) = 44%

As for Jurn's hand, call me nitty as well but I usually fold here. 30 hands isn't nearly enough of a sample on MP1 to see how he will respond and play against a 3-bet. And if I'm going to flat and join a raised, multi-way pot, I'd rather have a hand like 65s then A5s.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FWIW, this approximation gets pretty inaccurate over 8 outs. A good correction is to subtract 1% for every out over 8 outs.

i.e.,
10 outs = 40 - (10-8) = 38%
12 outs = 48 - (12-8) = 44%

True, it will be off by a few percentage points but the thing is that the difference between a 40% chance of winning and a 38% should not greatly influence your decision making. So it is actually ok to be off a few points :).

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very true. I guess I'm just OCD about math. ;)