Can anybody tell me in plain English

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to use the hand replayer? Should I just type out what happened?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've only used it a few times, but each time I copied the text of a hand from the "Hand History" on an individual site, and pasted it into the "Hand Converter" on CardsChat. Every time, the converter told me it was ok to convert (it met the parameters of the converter) and I clicked whatever button was presented.

Usually, the tough part is finding where the hand history is on any given poker site. What site(s) do you want to convert from?

Last edited:
M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only used it a few times, but each time I copied the text of a hand from the "Hand History" on an individual site, and pasted it into the "Hand Converter" on CardsChat. Every time, the converter told me it was ok to convert (it met the parameters of the converter) and I clicked whatever button was presented.

The tough part is usually finding where the hand history is on any given poker site. What site(s) do you want to convert from?

My site (Bovada) is apparently not supported.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My site (Bovada) is apparently not supported.

As I understand it, Bovada also has anonymous tables? I dont think, this is ideal for serious poker players, since it takes away some important parts of the game like dynamics and exploitation. So you might want to consider moving to a different site. ACR is supported, and they also allow the use of trackers, which makes it a whole lot easier to review hands or share them to a forum.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t use a HUD and don’t plan to start.

A tracker is more than just the HUD. Its also a convenient way to collect all your hand histories, so you can review hands and find leaks in your game. This is especially important for cash games, where you can run filters and see, how you actually perform with baby pairs, when you cold call an open raise and all that sort of stuff. It also keep track of your results, so that for instance you can see, if you are winning money in regular speed SnGs but losing in the turbos.

Being serious about online poker and paying for training courses but not owning a tracker is shooting yourself in the foot. If you dont like to run the HUD, then you just dont enable it, and download your hand histories after the session is over. If you are still struggling with leaning the fundamentals of the game, I dont particularly recommend to begin using a HUD. It will just add another laying of information to be digested, which maybe you dont really need right now.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A tracker is more than just the HUD. Its also a convenient way to collect all your hand histories, so you can review hands and find leaks in your game. This is especially important for cash games, where you can run filters and see, how you actually perform with baby pairs, when you cold call an open raise and all that sort of stuff. It also keep track of your results, so that for instance you can see, if you are winning money in regular speed SnGs but losing in the turbos.

Being serious about online poker and paying for training courses but not owning a tracker is shooting yourself in the foot. If you dont like to run the HUD, then you just dont enable it, and download your hand histories after the session is over. If you are still struggling with leaning the fundamentals of the game, I dont particularly recommend to begin using a HUD. It will just add another laying of information to be digested, which maybe you dont really need right now.

Sorry to slightly highjack the thread.

Hi Fundiver, I've read before that you play a lot on 888. I have a similar problem to the OP on 888. It seems obvious as I go to the hand reply function and in the bottom right hand side it says Copy hand history to clipboard. All seems great so far, but at this point nothing seems to happen. I'm assuming I don't know where the clipboard is? IS this on 888 or on my PC? Any ideas, specific help would be much appreciated! :confused::confused:

I've tried to google but am not getting anywhere, and responses to my post on the forum weren't really specific enough.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Fundiver, I've read before that you play a lot on 888. I have a similar problem to the OP on 888. It seems obvious as I go to the hand reply function and in the bottom right hand side it says Copy hand history to clipboard. All seems great so far, but at this point nothing seems to happen. I'm assuming I don't know where the clipboard is? IS this on 888 or on my PC? Any ideas, specific help would be much appreciated! :confused::confused:

Sorry but I cant help with this, since I have owned my tracker since before, I began playing on 888 Poker. So I never had the need to download hand histories manually. Maybe ask in the official 888 support thread under "poker sites"?

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sorry but I cant help with this, since I have owned my tracker since before, I began playing on 888 Poker. So I never had the need to download hand histories manually. Maybe ask in the official 888 support thread under "poker sites"?

Cheers for the rapid reply…..good idea! I should probs have thought of this. Thanks :)

Belpster

Belpster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to slightly highjack the thread.

I've tried to google but am not getting anywhere, and responses to my post on the forum weren't really specific enough.

Once it has been copied hand history to clipboard go to:
https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

click where it says "Paste your Hand History. Use a blank line to separate multiple hands"

and then press 'Ctrl' and 'V' in windows or 'Option' and 'V' on Mac and your hand history should appear. Alternatively go to the edit menu and select paste.

Hopefully that helps?:)

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So nobody uses

the replayer? I’d really like to post some hands, but I can just type them out if I have to.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the replayer? I’d really like to post some hands, but I can just type them out if I have to.

Its fine to just type the hand manually, if thats easier for you. Just remember to include all relevant information like starting stacks, blinds and antes, positions and actions. Looking forward to see some of your hands :)

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
iPOKER's hand replayer does not properly display the player who was sitting out.
Will everyone complain and make sure it is displayed properly?

Poker Tells