All in options

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

All in with pocket 10 or less does it worth it?

I've made it a lot of times, pocket 10, 9 and 8s, most of them i lost to a normal KQ preflop or maybe AJ... Should i stop going all in with small pockets?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on stack sizes for the most part. If you’re below 15 bb and no one else has entered the pot then definitely go all in with them. Even if someone raises before you, you should shove over the top. If there multiple all ins before you, I would probably fold depending on where you are in the tournament. Unfortunately you will lose about 50% of the time up against two over cards but if you’re short you may not get a better opportunity plus if you’re first in then you also have fold equity. Hope that helps some.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good information

All depends on stack sizes for the most part. If you’re below 15 bb and no one else has entered the pot then definitely go all in with them. Even if someone raises before you, you should shove over the top. If there multiple all ins before you, I would probably fold depending on where you are in the tournament. Unfortunately you will lose about 50% of the time up against two over cards but if you’re short you may not get a better opportunity plus if you’re first in then you also have fold equity. Hope that helps some.

Yes that's what i do the most, well that's poker i guess, a luck game also 😁

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends if you’re in the money.
If you got big stack do it. You’re running hot. A pair is a strong hand, but it’s better to fold if you don’t want to get knocked out early. Remember your opponent can have quads after ANY flop

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Stack size is really what makes it an all in or less. If I am 1st in the pot and have less than 15BB I will consider going all in right away. 10BB or less its auto shoved in for me. If I have 100BB i would never be all in pre flop. I can raise or even call a raise or 3bet here but 100NN deep I would never go all in. There are some players who will gamble ealry on but I play poker and that deep its not poker.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having an advantage in the stack, you can consider ollin in some situations.Each ollin before the preflop is a roulette-from this the conclusion is that it is worth considering the bets and not the ollins in the game.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on stack size and ICM (if you're in a tournament) There's spots where medium pocket pairs are an insta-shove and spots where you should bassically only be going all in with KK+ AK

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Under certain circumstances, going all-in with a pocket pair of cards below ten is quite normal and profitable !!!

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sim, claro, flop all inpré apenas se for AA, KK, AK ou QQ se o stack for de 40% de suas fichas

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course, flop all inpré only if it is AA, KK, AK or QQ if the stack is 40% of your chips

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends entirely on the scenario you face if you should go all in with these hands. A one size fits all answer it not what you should be looking for imo.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

That depends on the game, the position, the stak of chips you have, it is in your consideration, if you have par 88 to be able to enter and see the flop tranki do not despair that plays you find !!! more in decisive instances because many cards are dominating you because it is a small pair !! After the pair of 10 is dangerous because it agrees with many premium cards you also have to play them moderately from my point of view then each one makes the decision they prefer !!!

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, try to see a cheap flop and see if you hit a set. maybe it might be a good option to go all in with 99 or less deep in a tournament if you feel you have the edge and position over your opponent. but other than that its not a good idea to risk all your chips preflop with 99 or lower.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

I've made it a lot of times, pocket 10, 9 and 8s, most of them i lost to a normal KQ preflop or maybe AJ... Should i stop going all in with small pockets?

If you get called when shoved, you probably will face a strong hand, depend on the situations at the game, who can call you, stack sizes, you should do it.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all about the situation, for example if there is a player that keeps going allin. I may take a chance with a low pocket pair and assume that the other player can't have good hands everytime they are going allin.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The question of going all in with pocket 10's 9's 8's is like every other general question concerning poker. If you give more specifics you will get more specific answers I guess but with the details given if you auto piloting any given hand, I would say simply consider other players calling range to start with.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
having Luck is the only option there are no more options

I lost KK`s and AA`s or more bad like JJ`s or QQ`s so many times that is the only experience you can get

Luck beats Skill and that destroying strong!!!

sometimes it is so Bingolike that i really want to play a game like blackjack with Betoption that would be more fair so the best hands win ...

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course you should stop this is a better mistake to see if you make a set and without losing to straight and flush but sometimes it depends if it's a KO tournament and you have 100BB and a single player with 10BB goes all in I think it's worth the Too bad you go with your pair of 9s in an all-yes, but betting all your chips UTG 1 or 2 or 3 with a pair of 99 or 88 or 77 I think going too far.:):D;)

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Hello, I am of the same opinion as the majority here, it all depends on what size your stack is, if you have 15 bb or less then most likely you need to fool, but if you have more than 15 bb then you need to play these hands on the situation! Of course, you should also take into account the stage of the tournament, if you are on a bubble, then most likely you need to think about whether to go all-in with small pocket pairs!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For PocketPair, no matter what the number,I don't recommend thinking of all-in.

W

wwwb66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no universal recipe for what to do with pocket pair... It depends how is your stack, what's going on on table, etc.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As already mentioned, poker has no absolutes (although some things come pretty close). Pocket Tens is a nice hand preflop, but of course it depends on the table dynamics, opponent playstyles, effective stacks and many other potential variables.

If short stacked (generally 20 bbs or less is considered short stacked), then TT is a really powerful hand. Certainly 15bbs or less with an ante (10bbs or less with no ante) is probably a profitable All-In for most scenarios.

Compare this to deep stacked poker where TT All-In could be just short of chip stack suicide though.

If a Heads up Villain has two overcards (KQ, AJ and so on), then TT is only about 50% here, but pre-flop All-In against a random hand, TT is about a 75% favorite.