Ace King preflop

Hopper21

Hopper21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you name a situation where you would either just call, min raise, or fold, Ace King preflop?

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I don't want to play a big pot because of the bubble, for example

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always like to see a flop but there times where folding is best option. Position, around the bubble, or some all-ins.

J

JOHNNYROD143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on situation

I would fold AK on preflop if I am getting action from 3+ other players preflop where I see 4-5betting happen. I would tentatively lay this hand down in this situation as the probability of seeing an Ace or a King on the river is 1/3. Also with that many people in the action I cannot even insure that I will be okay on a paired board against potential pocket pairs. I would raise AK on a larger table in order to make sure no limpets can connect on the board. Lastly, I would only ever call for deception. If someone next to me is tilted or extremely loose I would give them the opportunity to bet into me with a strong pre flop hand.

stewart murray

stewart murray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a situation in a tournament where there were 3 all in's ahead of me and I am thinking there is probably some pairs going into the flop. This going to be a race and I did not want to end my tournament by losing a race so I folded an ace king and ended up being a good fold.

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A-K Suited is an all in depending on position. A-K off is a raise depending on position and stack depths of the players yet to act.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
on a big pay jump when there are shorter stacks them me. If it went open, 3bet, cold 4bet jam ect, then im out if deep stacked.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
F.e. if someone make a 3bet and two goes to raise it up around 12bbs. At this point you really have to think that probably AK is blocked and maybe not improving. In this case depending on the stage and others I could imagine each outcome. But oc seeing a flop is you can always wish with this hand.

AK is a very-very strong combination, but that doesnt mean that you are destined to take it to all-in every time.

GL :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never folding to a min raise and always 3beting them. Early in a tournament I am more likely to call a raise or 3bet with them and I can fold early on to certain opponents when needed and the are shove 125+ BB.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ak, is the hand that I would fold, as long as there are 3 or 4 players calling.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with situations others are talking about - many situations when you can't over play AK or even have to lay the hand down. I learned in reviewing many MTTs where I did not do well, that AK was my Achille's heel - so easy to lose a race with this hand.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Of prizes the villain oll in with a higher stak than mine, if I lose that hand I am left out of prizes and the tournament !!! I would fold for protection !! regards

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you name a situation where you would either just call, min raise, or fold, Ace King preflop?

Call situation: Very solid and tight player raises before me.

Min Raise: Late game, at the button and all fold before.

Fold Situation: at the bubble and some shoves before me.

Hopper21

Hopper21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Call situation: Very solid and tight player raises before me.

Min Raise: Late game, at the button and all fold before.

Fold Situation: at the bubble and some shoves before me.

What would be an all-in situation?

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone bets, then a 3-bet. And then if someone 4-bets then AK is probably no good

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a short to medium stack of up to 50 BB, you can almost always raise and play for the stack. With a deep stack, it makes sense to just call and watch the flop. In the early stages of tournaments, the best solution is to call. When everyone has very deep stacks, there is no need to inflate the pot with an unprepared hand.

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends.... is the avverage stack arround 30.000 and u have under 10bb, otherwise i just openraise arround 2,2bb , if u are at the button and arround 15bb , maybe i jam there... to get a call
in bounty tourneys, if u see the table and 1 is short behind u, i like to flat the AK after op, that if the bounty is going in , the openraiser just puntes in to get that bounty and thinks he has fold equity, there is it very nice to just flat that AK preflop

Yeah actually just in bounty tournaments, i like to flat it sometimes but ONLY if there is a short guy behind u...

But generall, if someone openraises, i 3bet the AK in normal tournaments , like deepstack/ hyper / turbo ....

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone writes correctly
but it all depends on the complexity of the tournament and the situation in the tournament then you make a decision

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm facing a raise, I 3bet, otherwise I call to see the 347 flop as cheap as possible ;)

M

Mahereid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends but if I can place someone's hand in the high pairs range, I would just call it.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my opponent raises a lot on the flop and I don't have a pair, then I have to fold AK, but all the cases cannot be foreseen.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm almost all-in, except in special cases such as UTG

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only flat to trap if I hit top pair on the flop, I would almost always raise if theres only been 1 raise behind, and I would only fold it if there were like 2 other all ins, or if I'm on the bubble/close to laddering, or if the all in was for way more blinds than I need to punt (for instance chip leader vs second in chips with 200bb each, while everyone else has >50).