The 10 strongest?

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon, dear!
The"Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo 2021" will begin soon.So I thought, if there were such poker games,what kind of disciplines would they have (Nlh,Omaha, Horse, Cash or others).And as it seems to you ,.who would make up the 10 strongest in each of them?

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu would be the champion for sure! He is the best poker player af all times.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They won't because poker has been asking to be added to the Olympics for years, but the Olympic committee keeps turning them down (I agree) because it would pave the way for other games like chess and especially card games like Bridge to be added to the Olympics. Although these might sound fun for people who play them, they seem to lack the physical element of Olympic sports/events.

If poker was in it though, I'd imagine NL holdem as a stand alone event that is highlighted such as the wsop Main Event.

p.s. chess is not part of the Olympics, but it has its own Olympiad and poker already competes globally with pros wearing various badges indicating their country sometimes. I don't see how this would be different enough from the Olympics to be added.