your intuition

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at once I have great intuition that my hand will win, finally I say I'm right, and you?:vollkomme

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to be very careful using intuition at the poker table. Just going off of instinct what to do in a hand is not always the best option. It's more about picking up information while you are at the table and making the best decision based on each situation. Obviously sometimes you get a feeling that someone is bluffing you. But have they bluffed you before? Does the situation look like a good spot to bluff? You have to go through the thought process and eliminate some of the possibilities based on your knowledge about the player and the scenario. Just making decision on a hunch will not serve you well in the long run!

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot by intuition. But that is formed by each individual player and information gathered. Yes I have a HUD but don't really use it as do not know the proper way to. I use VPIP FCB CB and that's about it.

Yes I'm successful at playing but if I learned to use the HUD better I feel I would be more successful.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was just starting to play poker, I thought that in this game of luck decides everything and flair. There were moments when my intuition told me to get into the game with 72s with the UTG. Sometimes I got into Flash, sometimes in pairs. Now I'm not doing so. Because I realized that so play unprofitable.:confused:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes I also won thanks to my intuition.
But then I realized, that I had too little experience in order to rely only on intuition. I became more patient and disciplined. Now I always try to wait for strong cards and play only when I am confident in my own strength.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to play not by intuition, but by certain schemes.
Intuition can help, but at a distance you will be in the minus, if you relying only on it

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think of instincts as our ability to correctly identify processed information from our senses. Some people have the ability to use all their senses at the same time to process information, while others can not, and therefore have less accurate instincts. The trick is to learn to trust your instincts and not get into an analytical second guessing game with ourselves.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My intuition works against me, I think that the card that I do not want to see will come on the river, and this is exactly what happens on the river.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
FYI everyone transmits information by talking, breathing, thinking, heart beating, even pheromones.
Everyone also receives information through sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Some people can touch you on the shoulder and sense your vibration and interpret it correctly. Others can just smell or taste your fear. But a person that can use all their senses at the same time will only need to rely on their instincts. As the information that they are constantly receiving is trusted and usually correct.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My intuition works against me, I think that the card that I do not want to see will come on the river, and this is exactly what happens on the river.

that is the worst thing you can do!!!!

You need to visit the world of positive thinking and the biology of belief. The first 30 min is difficult to understand but the last 30 minutes is life changing.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition.

My intuition is usually right. I get that "certain feeling" right before I give away all my chips.

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few card games I play that use a pre bid. One is double deck pinochle. It does help me and actually against some of the better players when I use it

Here's what I mean, in pinochle you are bidding to send your partner an (legal) idea of what your hand is. So when I see pre-flop bets and if they are a good player that bet may actually send a message to what kind of hand you have.

Sure I get burned sometimes but I am (re) learning how to back out of a hand should I feel differently after the turn. I also can sense a bluff pretty good using that same technique.

So next time you see yourself doing a pre flop raise...ask yourself what message am I sending and what message do I want to send

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Poker is a game where the use of intuition is not an effective tool that will always guarantee that you will win a certain hand ... in my personal case, my game criteria are based on a good reading of my opponents. As well as always keep clear my odds, and outs ... You can win a hand by intuition but it will not always be like that ..!

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always guided by instinct although sometimes it betrays but the idea is not to let you take more when you are preflop and you get a premium hand it is best to trust you many times my instinct asks me to shout and not call then I throw myself with an identical hand and I lose when I could win not call luck greetings:confused:

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to listen to my intuition. Now there is no. Now just a cold calculation. You are not clairvoyant to tell the future.

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
intuition helps sometimes, but it will not be all time, you need to understand the line between what you think and what really can happen. I think you need to think soberly and soberly assess your chances.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition can help, but must think about range opponents, no 1 hand

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course my intuition helps me, I would be foolish to ignore it.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you get what you think. scientists like Einstein, or Edison have proved this fact, each individual or object is made of atoms, these atoms vibrate, each object or individual emits vibrations. This is the principle of the law of attraction, in short you thought that the river will make you lose, and you lose. this is just a glimpse of our negative behavior towards future events in general, we must remain positive and think strongly that we will succeed in helping you in your life in general.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at once I have great intuition that my hand will win, finally I say I'm right, and you?:vollkomme
sometimes intuition helps....but most off the times it won t help,lets say u play 100 hands,at a tournament,how many intuition can u have..:))

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of intelligence and not intuition

Based on given facts or conditions you can predict the outcome of an event. And that is what we do in poker. It is the intelligence that is working. However outcome of an event may not be accurate all the time. For example, you have pocket cards AK. It is a good card to play and possibility of winning the pot is good. But if if you fail to connect with board then a small pair like 22 can beat you.
On the other hand, intuition is a big thing, far bigger than intelligence and don't depend on given facts. Outcome is 100% guaranteed even if given facts do not indicate of such results. For example, if you have 7,2. would you play with it? But someone playing with intuition would play. He just knows that 7,2 will fetch him the pot.
However there is a big problem with players using intuition. Intuition is a great power but we all don't have the ability to handle this power. On many occasions intuition is interfered by intelligence which leads to malfunctioning of this great power. How do you know that the information you gained is through intuition or it is fabricated by intelligence?

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes intuition can fail ..... especially when you consider that you are winning and let feelings or emotion control the game ..... studying the opponent is the best option:cool:

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hmm... the concern with your statement about intuition is whether you had a gut feeling and opted to make some play or you deduced your hand would win considering your opponent's hand range and his/her betting line. Nonetheless, I feel the idea of "intuition" can come off as an excuse to make bad plays.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get a feeling that I am going to flop a strong hand, but I generally don't act on it because I also remember a lot of times when I would have missed my weak flush that I folded or my pocket pairs don't hit a set. With that being said, I'm always glad when I get priced in to call because my opponent doesn't raise big enough.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I also sometimes have that my intuition tells me that I need to take risks and I risk and win, but sometimes I get intuition that I need to discard cards and I did it right because I could lose!