Your goal of real profits in poker

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when we play poker, we have in mind some real profit, what would this profit, to make him happy, and not give up?
Often we played for days, and in the end we came to the conclusion tied
when 50-50 think we're good, but already imagined that worked for a week and had not any profit?

*** then I ask value would make you happy at the end of seven days of poker?:confused:

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for fun only and any value above 0 would make me very happy. That really depends on how you see it.

if you're only playing for money then you would not even need to ask these questions. Professional players don't hehe.

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on pokerstars at the moment only for the sake of participation and hope in the near future date to move from amateur to proffesional.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun only and any value above 0 would make me very happy. That really depends on how you see it.

if you're only playing for money then you would not even need to ask these questions. Professional players don't hehe.

perhaps the question was not correct, I really like to know how to stay profitable, is playing micro games, or average values, without any risk of losing your money, of course I'm asking amateurs who like to play a little money, I know that a professional will never reveal the total amount that wins or loses.:)

lorres1991

lorres1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I'd love to win money, but if I just beat the rake and break even, but get hundreds of hours of entertainment for free, I consider it a win. Poker isn't a job for me, just a hobby.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a Hobby for me and my family.

I have never run a negative roll. In the early days I went up and down like a yoyo, but since then I have always run a profit each quarter and sometimes suprise myself, due to the lack of table time, but, at the end of year total, im alwyas ahead.

I will play poker till I die, or get alzimers or something.
Heres hoping I run a profit every year from here on.

Good luck everyone.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think of poker in terms of $.
I enjoy the game, and want to improve to be the best poker player I can be, but the money I win is just a thing on the side. It's not important to me.

When I started out in 2007, I originally saw poker as a means to have a little side income to - at that time - support my DVD collection. :p
After a year of playing, I started making more money with poker than I did at my day job. But after about six months of "beating my job", it stopped being fun and started feeling like a grind, and I quit poker overnight.

I hadn't played poker for money since early 2009 when I started again this year. (The poker itch had returned.)
I've also switched from limit to no-limit, and I'm starting at the bottom.

I just want to see how far up the cash ladder I can climb until it stops being fun again. The money will just go into bankroll building.
I have no idea when I'll grow tired of poker again, and how big the roll is going to be when that happens.
I also don't care about winning days and losing days. Only about improving as a player. The winning will take care of itself if I keep improving.

Not caring about how much you win or lose (and applying good BRM so you never bust) is a great way to reduce tilt as well! ;)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think of poker in terms of $.
I enjoy the game, and want to improve to be the best poker player I can be, but the money I win is just a thing on the side. It's not important to me.

When I started out in 2007, I originally saw poker as a means to have a little side income to - at that time - support my DVD collection. :p
After a year of playing, I started making more money with poker than I did at my day job. But after about six months of "beating my job", it stopped being fun and started feeling like a grind, and I quit poker overnight.

I hadn't played poker for money since early 2009 when I started again this year. (The poker itch had returned.)
I've also switched from limit to no-limit, and I'm starting at the bottom.

I just want to see how far up the cash ladder I can climb until it stops being fun again. The money will just go into bankroll building.
I have no idea when I'll grow tired of poker again, and how big the roll is going to be when that happens.
I also don't care about winning days and losing days. Only about improving as a player. The winning will take care of itself if I keep improving.

Not caring about how much you win or lose (and applying good BRM so you never bust) is a great way to reduce tilt as well! ;)

a very good explanation of the text,
I will follow some steps you demonstrated to improve my game and not go on tilt

thanks

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have in mind a profit of $ 50 to $ 100 dollars a week playing SnG $ 0.50 and $ 1.00. I am studying those games to achieve these overall result soon. This profit would make me happy lol

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play micro MTTs, usually $2-$3 buy-ins, with the occasional shots at bigger buy-in games: $4-$11.

I don't put in a lot of volume and since I main the micros, poker is just a fun hobby to me that I'm somewhat good at. I do set profit goals for myself, but I don't have set goal dates like "I want to make $500 in a week playing $2 MTTs." It's not impossible, but I wont stress myself out if I don't reach it. Instead, I let the profit goals come as they do naturally.

My basic profit goal is to start with a $100 BR, grind the $2-$3 MTTs until I get to $615+. Then cash-out and leave myself with $100 and repeat. I've done this a number of times and it works fine for me.

I'm never going to get out of the micro stakes, but I'm fine with that. I like where I'm at, this isn't a job for me, nor have I ever intended to make a career out of it or play for a living. TBH, that lifestyle seems a bit boring.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have in mind a profit of $ 50 to $ 100 dollars a week playing SnG $ 0.50 and $ 1.00. I am studying those games to achieve these overall result soon. This profit would make me happy lol
You're going to need a killer ROI or be able to put in tons of volume w/ .50 and $1 SNGs to reach a weekly goal of $50-$100.

ovsleka

ovsleka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker for me now is not a job',but i sink in the near future date to move from amateur to proffesional.

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're going to need a killer ROI or be able to put in tons of volume w/ .50 and $1 SNGs to reach a weekly goal of $50-$100.

I know that. So I'm studying these types of SNGs . I intend to play at least 10 to 14 games a day like that, putting half and half 7 $ 0.50 [9 Players ] and 7 $ 1.00 [ 45 Players ] of an average of $ 100 dollars if I stare at all . Obviously it is very difficult to stare at all, then I calculate an average of $ 10 to $ 20 dollars the day. I will strive to achieve this. My goal is this .

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Years back, I was making a small profit. Now with less available in the U.S., I make a smaller profit.

I won't deposit, so all profit must begin with freerolls.

It's fun but I would not play with pretend money.