Your favorite poker pro and why!

The_OG_Rocco

The_OG_Rocco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many Poker Pros that I like/admire that I don't even know where to start. My top picks would probably have to be;

Sammy Farha ( I like his cool table image and his aggressive style.) :cool:

Doyle Brunson ( He is the Big Papa! Great wit, class, experience and an all around great player.) :icon_thum

T

The_Kaizer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is your favorite poker pro and why? My favorites have to be Daniel Negreanu, since he is canadian and born in the same city as me (hometown pride, baby!), and because of his sick reads and class. I also like Patrick Antonius. I think he has the ultimate stone-cold bluff face. No emotion. Just cool calculated decisions.

DN is also my fav and what makes it better is i met him in the Bellagio in September when I was over on holiday!!

mogadown

mogadown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comes and goes

Mine used to be Daniel. I remember a few years back on day one of wsop Main event, There was a poker player shown calling home (right as the tourney was starting) and he told his wife that Daniel was sitting at his left. I actually invisioned this myself and it gave me the chills. Later on, I joined Full tilt and read the poker pro tips. I got a lot of insight with Chris Ferguson and his "$0-$10,000" challenge. I read a lot of his tips on playing and bankroll management and it helped me out a lot. Chris is my favorite now.

Z

Zingmaster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Matusow. Dude is funny and isn't afraid to call out bad plays. Plus he cried after busting at the WSOP.

P

Phil922

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorites prob got to be daniel n. he has sick reads which is so important in poker, although sometimes he calls even though he knows he is beat lol. he also used to be a pool player, and i luv to play pool

B

bigntasty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel- he's got skills &
He's so cute.

GordonStr222

GordonStr222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus hansen........ the most sickest player out there......... dude is a maniac and makes a lot that way..........he is just sick.........

mr_president21

mr_president21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil ivey, he has the best poker face

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna go with Kid Poker too. I'm also from T.O., so it was him or Evelyn Ng. (Though she is cuter)...Wait, can I have two favs?

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Gavin Smith cause I think He'd be a blast at the table and to party with. And Hellmuth just cause he's so amusing, one day in the future I'd love to be at a table with him so he could call ME an Idiot...then I could just laugh.

henriclapi

henriclapi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its gotta be Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey hands down. So much fun to watch, never get bored of them. And hot damn, are they good!

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big fan of Devilfish and Roland de Wolfe, being from the uk, but have to agree Scotty is the best baby!

who else could take down a WSOP final table drunk?

that's poker baby!

In terms of who's the best player - hellmuth in tournaments and ivey in cash games

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Barry Greenstein
2. Jamie Gold (the dudes a riot)
3. Mike Matusow

"And Mike Matusow has not yet returned from the bathroom, maybe he is playing heads up against the attendent, or maybe he has gone to a big mouth convention"

Classic Gabe

M

milkman28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil laak and jamie gold my 2 favs

ActAsIf

ActAsIf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The dynamic duo of Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari are my favorite "poker player". These two guys give me the giggles every single time I see them playing against each other. Each one wants to come over the top to crush the other guy, then shows the bluff, making his friend go insane from laying down the better hand. I LOVE their shennanigans!

For technical savy and killer instinct I have to go with Patrick Antonius. He makes the sickest moves at the right times. I can't believe his composure during those moments. Wild!

Biggest A-hole: Shawn "Sheikie" Shekkan (sp?) The guy is a total A.D.D. baby with no class. He peeves players wherever he sits. This guy should have to wear a gag at the table.

M

MONICK12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Put your $$ where your opinion is

OK let's make this interesting: if you were BET on a player to win the WSOP Main Event, who would it be?

I have to go with Negreanu; I feel he is just READY!!!!!! He has all the tools and it WILL happen. Cunningham has the experience and stamina, also. Stamina is a hugely underrated characteristic for that tournament, BTW.

some_d00d

some_d00d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jennifer Tilly, for a couple of reasons.

califantasy

califantasy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK let's make this interesting: if you were BET on a player to win the WSOP Main Event, who would it be?

Hmm....I'm gonna go with Chino Rheem---of course, that is only because he is already at the final table :)

S

Spike6869

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say doyel but i like matusow also.

J

jaymorin123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite poker pro is gotta be Gus Hansen because he is a smart player and also a very aggressive player...

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu

My all time favorite for a while now--

because I remember him when he hadnt won anything in the US from years ago, and he seems the same down-to-earth guy today even with all his poker fame and notoriety

MikeGamble

MikeGamble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Matusow is my all Time favorite.
Close behind is Howard Lederer.