Your favorite poker pro and why!

M

mvelas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Antonious for cash games, Hellmuth for tournaments. The first is going to be the next ivey and perhaps better, and the second... well he is the best, hope he make some more bracelets and rule the poker world

J

jvtelemark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen

And why, because I am one tight player who plays safe safe safe.

And whenever I see him playing wants me to change my own playing. Sure he plays like a madman, but in the long run he is standing all by himself as champion.

R

robsims1989

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Daniel as well because he has a very keen since on guessing others cards but I like Hachem better because I can relate to his game plan more than probably any other players in the world

F

ftpluvsme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PHIL IVEY because he just doesnt give a sh** he will make a million dollar bluff at a 250k pot if he wants to lol hes sooooo gooooood

F

ftpluvsme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i also like gur laberte because whenever you see him at a table you will also see alot fo other sharks there to tryin to take his money LOL

G

gnomo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey, Daniel Neagreanu for his reads and style. Not in order.

GSpicoli

GSpicoli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Laak because hes funny and entertaining at the table. Hes the type of person I would like to see more of at the tables, he always has fun regardless of his chip stack.

KnappTime

KnappTime

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe Hachem

Joe Hachem is definitley my favorite Poker Player! Alot of people have fallen on the Chris Moneymaker band wagon because he is potentionally what sparked Poker when he won the Main Event! Joe seems to be a very classy person even though he does have problems sometimes at the table with his temper! Hachem makes amazing reads even though the cameras dont show him as much as a daniel negranue read!

C

Cilderr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington(TAG, showed that its possible to win tournaments by playing TAG), Lederer and Matusow.

Babynut

Babynut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of poker pros I like, but if I had to pick a few..... Gus Hansen just because he is so cool. My favorite female player is Jennifer Harmon.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Antonio Esfandiari, clearly my favorite.

Not in the least bit afraid to mix it up. Fun to watch, can take a and give a bad beat. Hasn't been on the any of the TV shows laterly.

Negreanu is my close second. Great canuck!

J

jedimoose

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure these two are my favorite but definitely funnest for me to watch. Farha for his loose aggressive style and Phil Laak for his off the wall behavior. Next one should be who we dont like my pick Ted Forrest. Seems like he would win a competition for most boring person on the planet.

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favorite poker pro

My favorite poker pro at this moment is John Phan, the young vietnamese american who has already won his first two wsop bracelets this summer and a final table at the Bellagio’s WPT event in July and then finally continued his hot streak by winning legengs of poker wpt in Los Angeles recently . His loose agressive style which involves building a huge stack and then using those chips to outplay and intimidate his opponeents is working very well for him. His style is similar to David Phan and Men the master who taught David Phan.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite poker pro at this moment is John Phan, the young vietnamese american who has already won his first two WSOP bracelets this summer and a final table at the Bellagio’s WPT event in July and then finally continued his hot streak by winning legengs of poker wpt in Los Angeles recently . His loose agressive style which involves building a huge stack and then using those chips to outplay and intimidate his opponeents is working very well for him. His style is similar to David Phan and Men the master who taught David Phan.

His style also involves taking 5 minutes to act when he has AK on the button in a heads-up hand.

T

TheMountainBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kathy Liebert. She always has a positive attitude and plays a sound game. If I had a coach I would pick her to train me. And also what is that song by Fergie?! "Big girls don't cry!":smile:

M

maspowerj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu ! He is a so good and nice player to see ! In the high stakes poker series he is my favorite for sure ! When he plays there is always alot of action !
Isabella Mercier is a very nice player too ;)

H

hacklimit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shannon Elizabeth. Not because of her poker skills, but because she is SMOKIN' HOT!!

Y

Yatesy0408

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Surprised nobody has said DevilFish, hes so entertaining!

My Top 5 are probably Ivey, Hansen, Negreanu, Helmuth and Cunningham

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surprised nobody has said DevilFish, hes so entertaining!

My Top 5 are probably Ivey, Hansen, Negreanu, Helmuth and Cunningham

That's sort of like saying your favorite baseball players are Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Frank Robinson, and Ken Griffey Jr.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Huck Seed. (I mean.. I could answer one of the ones already mentioned like Negreanu...)

It doesn't really have much to do with him as a player, though he seems good enough.

I like his sense of humor, and the fact that he often looks like he just woke up.

His prop bet antics are outrageous.

We are also about the same age.

Last edited:
Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite is probably not a surprise to anyone who saw my other thread. Tom Dwan is my poker idol. I want to emulate him at the table, and crush my opposition.

Sadly this crushing occurs at the smallest stakes around for me, lol. I like Galfond too, he's pretty sick, no lie.