young poker players

J

jester 6 king

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
idk really, my parents tought me 5 card draw and black jack, and when I was 12 or 13, I was at a party with my parents and there was a $10 buy in for 60 bucks, so my mom gave me the money and I won and have been hooked every since.

also I hope that none of you think that I was lying or making things up about the final table thing, I was just trying to see if I was a decent poker player.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well you need to start keeping track of actual results somehow.

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so how do you get into the freerolls on this site?

You dont your under age, what you need to do is have your parents sign up under thier name, then you can play the free rolls, it would suck if you won and then could not get your money, so have your parents sign up and that way if you win they can receive a check and give you the money. Cause if any site finds out your 16 and they will cause you have to verify your age, they will keep the money and close your account.

J

jester 6 king

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you, I really dont care about the money, I just want to prove to myself that I can win a big tourney, but I dont want to lose my account so I'll have my parents sign up

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, not exactly, this isn't the only difference between MTTs and SnGs; also the blind structure is different and possibly the payout structure percentages.

M

myarmhurts77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
by keeping track do u mean writing down the place u finish or what there bud?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
%itm
%roi
average buyin
average cash

and within each tourney various stats about your play.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is very sad that a sixteen year old is playing on-line poker. There are so many other things in life at that age.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is very sad that a sixteen year old is playing on-line poker. There are so many other things in life at that age.

How is it sad? There is absolutly no age limit to learning how to play the game. I see no problem with someone that young trying to learn the game.

What I do think is sad is how you would discourage someone from doing what they have a true passion for. People should follow their passions, and do what they truly want, as long as they aren't hurting others by their action. He's not hurting anyone by trying to learn the game at an early age, and doing something that is that entertaining to him. Think before you speak please.

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, why should there be an age limit to doing something you enjoy? Especially when skill is involved, it is better to start younger IMHO.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about sex? drinking? excelling at a young age doesnt make it okay as long as you enjoy it. both of those take skill and i dont recommend the younger the better to do it.

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about sex? drinking? excelling at a young age doesnt make it okay as long as you enjoy it. both of those take skill and i dont recommend the younger the better to do it.

Lol. I think you're taking things out of context, unless you make sex/drink a compeititive sport. That is simply disturbing.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not even saying im taking a side. just playing devil's advocate. i enjoyed those things when i was 16 so i cant exactly be a hypocrite and say they shouldnt. but i can see an parent's pov easily.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mean to suggest that sex/drink is NOT a competitive sport?

thwizzofoz

thwizzofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mean to suggest that sex/drink is NOT a competitive sport?

Sex as a competitive sport... I better never try that. I can just imagine the reaction if Beez heard me say, "I'm first, I win!", or "Three to nothing, I win!".

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I got so much flack, I'll go with the flow. Have your parents register at a good tournament site, make a small deposit, and use their account to play.

L

Lenix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing on pokerstars 2 years ago when i was 16. When i built up enough play money i sold it for $20 and built up from their. But thats pretty time consuming, so I would also suggest freerolls, the daily bodog freerolls are a good start.

A

ataps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion is keep playing i learned the game when i was 12 now 18 still play everyday online and watch it on t.v u want to get better keep playing read books and play some live games not just online

jayneseo

jayneseo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I do :D