D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You getting unlucky? Just check this one out.
Annette Obrestad Shares Secrets of Blind Online Poker Win

https://itvid.net/video/annette-obrestad-shares-secrets-of-blind-online-poker-win-SdXtrqBhd00.html

I've known about this legendary story for years. It makes for a great tale and is no doubt 'almost' factual. However, I think two things need to be born in mind.

The first is reputation. No doubt she was a recognizable figure back in the day who was fearless and aggressive. So many would have been intimidated by her (a bit like Chris Moorman as a player) and would have avoided getting into pots with her.

Also, I believe she later admitted she did actually check on some of her hands in crucial pots.

Nonetheless I believe she played the majority of her hands in that manner and it is a great story to make you think about how you represent your hand.

All that said - if this was a successful strategy, its a bit odd she did not repeat it (or I do not believe she has discussed utilizing it repeatedly) or others carried the baton so to speak and attempted to do it themselves.

However, I think it would be a useful exercise to undertake and maybe we should all enter a free roll playing blind and see what transpires!

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But that was a long time ago. The game was a lot easier than it is nowadays, probably that would be impossible nowadays.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But that was a long time ago. The game was a lot easier than it is nowadays, probably that would be impossible nowadays.
she checked her cards if anyone went all in and she just stole p;ots from the bb and cbet when the flop doesnt match range,
Notice opponents bet sizing tells and then go with your gut

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh he did this to me before. not this time
70abca5c2651f91fac69ba5e1340f75d.png
f26439f76e03f69eec963363e53b5492.png

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on break the PKO hasnt started yet only the 2k has resumed
42595473c1097c67b7be926e6a07c6c7.png

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
also she only did a SNG !!!!!! it was not a deep mtt!!!!!!!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
she is still a wsop winner and is amazing. I am not demeaning her in any way. I'm sayin the blind thing isnt that impressive
she is very impressive though

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Incredible story. She must have been riding the perfect storm because soo much had to go her way to win that tournament or any for that matter! It's hard enough trying to win an online poker tournament when you can see your cards let alone win! A game of soo many things and luck and chance are involved!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:eek::eek::eek:

What game were you playing ???:D:D

10bb shove with 95o versus an open raise :confused::confused::confused:
its more of a way they have to play me becuase im so aggressive , the common strategy to counter me is to 3 bet me with air lolz

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth if it is so because even though I try to wait for good cards in many games it seems that you can not play at every moment, although some do and that's the strangest thing because I try to play the right way trying to combine good hands and not always usually go as you expect, poker is a game of chance never that nobody can change it and the cards and bad streak if they exist.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is clear that the perception of luck and bad luck is a subjective thing, but still I cannot get rid of the thought that what should be random is actually not accidental.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
today poker has evolved a lot, impossible to succeed in today's times!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes we get bad cards in a row, and good too, despite the first is more frequently. Luck is definitely a present factor at the poker game.

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad cards can turn into the nuts.
2, 7 flop 2, 2, 7… Looks like opponents think nobody’s got a 2, 7. So opportunity to double, triple up.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

it is not part of the game sometimes it happens .. there where is the ingenuity of each one to sustain and time lapse and play with skill and strategy ... there is a saying that says !!! if you want to win never get tired of passing! !!