You had to see it ...

S

semi1406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever been to a situation were you were ahead, you read your opponent on a draw and you keep betting. He hits the card and it sucks ,but you call just to see their cards.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i make bad calls a lot
and very often i make bad passes

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never continue the game just to see the cards. In my opinion, this makes no sense. I play to win money, but not to see the cards. In short, I have other goals.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It make sense to do so against a given opponent to establish whether or not they are bluffing. If you do not, you will never know where you stand.

That said, once you establish to a degree how someone is playing, then you need to limit such calls as naturally it can be costly. I tend to make such calls early in a tourney, for example, when you are familiarizing yourself with the table and blinds are low.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
depend of the cash on the table......and if the bet high....

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
curiousity is something you can't control
it does happen to most of the player

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a matter of believing the villain has the hand or not. That requires an 8 ball.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I wouldn't call just to see the cards, it would be very useless and dangerous.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will call sometimes if I know the opponent is super aggressive and he had bluff on that board. But I think folding is fine when we are unsure.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens to me at the beginning of a tournament, when I don't know the players. Thats why I started marking my opponents, depending on their play style. But that alone can't win my game.

no13ody

no13ody

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever been to a situation were you were ahead, you read your opponent on a draw and you keep betting. He hits the card and it sucks ,but you call just to see their cards.
I've done this many times and I'm trying to break the costly habit.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I’ve done it too many times. I just can’t help myself, I want to see what cards he have. Sometimes that curiosity kicks me out of the tournament. :) But like I said, it’s stronger than me. :) :) :)

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens, especially if the opponent is too aggressive, I really want to open his bluff )

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea n then I get upset at myself for knowing not to call

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never continue the game just to see the cards. In my opinion, this makes no sense. I play to win money, but not to see the cards. In short, I have other goals.
Love this answer, hehe, I'm similar but can't say I haven't called even though it was unlikely I was good!

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have sometimes called when I was pretty sure they hit their draw, but it mostly depends on the player and if I've had the opportunity to observe them. I don't want to automatically fold when the draw card comes because too many players know other players will fold and assume the worst and take advantage of representing the draw.

For example, I was playing live last month and the player to my right always seemed to assume that the river card hit the other player giving them the nuts. I was able to take advantage of that by often betting him off the best hand when a scare card came...when he would ask, did you have the 5 (when a second 5 hit the board)? I would answer, "Yep, how'd you know? I guess I bet too much."

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all the time... and the feeling is always the same - why I did it (doesn't matter call or fold)...

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do it with rivals who play very aggressive or without much sense, in theory if I can see that they are like that, I should not even check it sometimes to see what they have but I am very inclined to see that it is like that, it is a mistake perhaps:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm not so sure about my opponent sometimes I'll utilize it as a suicide strategy of mine and suffer half my bankroll just to see if you're bluffing or you really have something. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But you gotta try and catch a bluff.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hahahaha if I didn't overcommit my payment stack to make sure I wasn't bluffing

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me several times but not to often. Considering that i play poker around 12 years it happened to me very rarely.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I am sure that I am lagging behind my opponent, then I will never call, but if I am in doubt and the amount I need to pay is acceptable, then .....