Are you really disciplined about your Bankroll management?

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey everybody!

I learn (here btw) that a optimal bankroll management it's playing tourneys around less then 1% of your bankroll and I find that a very smart management indeed.

I'm looking for opinions, are you disciplined about your bankroll management? what strategies do you adopt regarding bankroll management?

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We should be, I suggest a bankroll of 100x the buyin you play, this for those with a little more experience, and 200x your buyn for those with less experience, who are starting their journey.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We should be, I suggest a bankroll of 100x the buyin you play, this for those with a little more experience, and 200x your buyn for those with less experience, who are starting their journey.
Even for MTT's? Playing x100 your buyin? I'm feeling a little conservative cause that's seems a little high for me :LOL:
But for SNG's I can definitly adopt this strategy

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hi duqnuk

0.5-1% of your bankroll is the best strategy to manage it well. I have been known to go over this (oops) but I'm trying to stick to it now. Bonus here is that freerolls are 0% of your bankroll if you don't have much to start with like me.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi duqnuk

0.5-1% of your bankroll is the best strategy to manage it well. I have been known to go over this (oops) but I'm trying to stick to it now. Bonus here is that freerolls are 0% of your bankroll if you don't have much to start with like me.
I realized having a higher bankroll works better for my discipline. I have 4 figures on ACR without depositing once and it works there.
but if you got 10-50 bucks me personally don't see it worth holding on to this 1% rule. I'd rather have fun with it

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The use of your bank will depend too much on how much time you have to spend it, and what you are looking for, sometimes we just charge for fun, and we can spend everything in a short time.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I am. 1% is the right amount for cash games. I do 5% for tournament buy ins.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Even for MTT's? Playing x100 your buyin? I'm feeling a little conservative cause that's seems a little high for me :LOL:
But for SNG's I can definitly adopt this strategy
It's because 100 buyins is still the variance normality, something else can already be yours that doesn't beat the field you play, and then you have to try to study more.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sure i am without BRM u will go nowhere in poker and life

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey everybody!

I learn (here btw) that a optimal bankroll management it's playing tourneys around less then 1% of your bankroll and I find that a very smart management indeed.

I'm looking for opinions, are you disciplined about your bankroll management? what strategies do you adopt regarding bankroll management?
super disciplined, I am not in favor of abusing, in live games, when I win, I seem a value for future games. online when I win, I compare 5% for future tournaments

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Currently, the level where I think I can have decents results is lower than 1% of my bankroll, so yes.
If I want to play a tourney whose buy in is higher than 1% of my bankroll, I check if there's a satellite.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everybody!

A competent and disciplined bankroll management is a very important skill for a poker player.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
95% of the time you should stick to a 100x buy-in or larger bankroll management

5% of the time is nice to play a bit more expensive then your ABI, just to get some excitement, get some knowledge about the field and try to get a big hit

Playing the same buy-in over and over again probably will get boring, so is nice to take some risks

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
No, I don't follow a bankroll strategy because I don't have a bankroll 😂😂

But speaking of strategies, of course 1% buy in its the best way to go, with good studies and discipline you'll make that bank grow, of course sometimes you can have some fun playing bigger buy ins to test strategies and have fun also can play satellites to have the chance fight for a bigger prize pool, in my case I'm trying to build myself a bankroll from freerolls and tickets, so I'm playing $1.50 SNGs with $15-$16 earned from ticket and free tourneys. hope to comeback and maybe win a PSPC ticket I love to think that will definitely will happen to me :D

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It's very difficult for me to manage banking since my possibilities only allow me to deposit $10, so building a good bank is too complicated because you have little room for error.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey everybody!

I only play in tournaments and don't spend more than 3% of my bankroll per day. This is a great rule that saves my nerves and my money. I recommend everyone to follow such calculations, it is comfortable, safe and useful for your nervous system :)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to have good bankroll management.

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont have a regular bankroll... when i want play some mtt,s i just deposit some money who i can loose in poker then i try win not loose :D i play freerolls too if i get some money from them then i try mtt

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I think so. But there is a lot of scope for improvement.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think it’s correct, but I will suggest you to not play more than two tables at the same time cause your bankroll can disappear so fast if you plays 4 or 6 tables at the same time :D

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
And I've tried to manage it in many ways, aggressively and passively, for now I manage it passively, I don't play more than 2 tables to be able to study my opponents better, it's a bit complicated to study them in Microlimits, but my Bankroll is safe.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello
Bankroll management what is it? :) No of course not because I'm just a hobby player. If I want to play I deposit. If I win, I keep playing until I lose everything. The only exception is if I get over $500 then I'll cash out :)

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you dont manage your bankroll, you will lose it all. So instead of going for the big hit, and getting clobbered yourself, i choose to play smaller tourneys and games . Seems to work better for me.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management