Can you play distracted?

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, so I was playing the ACR/CC weekly tonight and lot a big portion of my stack early on. Grinded my way back for 40 minutes to a healthy stack.
Then....it happens.....
the same shit that happens at 6pm every night.........

MY WIFE gets off work and calls me, and wants to chit chat :..(
3 hands later I'm out of the tournament.......

She even asks me if i want her to let me go because she knows that I'm playing a tournament, but if I say yes she gives me attitude...haha

Mehhh...I've lost so many tourneys this way I can't even count.

So...How well can all of you play distracted???

MrAwesme

MrAwesme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

I can play distracted sometimes when I'm maybe 1 tabling I can watch a twitch stream with Poker on it and sometimes just having it on is enough to help me focus but most of the time... if I'm 4 tabling or more I can't play distracted

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brother, you are in difficult moments it is good to know that at this time you are not concentrated, I want to play at your table rsrsrs! I'll have patience to wait for your wife to call rsrsrs lol !! more to speak the truth is a tedium when this happens, literally this ends the game, loses if the focus and disrupts !! in your case I'm already absent nor do I go there to see!

MrAwesme

MrAwesme

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now to answer your post there (I answered just generally) but when the wife comes in and starts talking to me. If I'm in a hand that I want to concentrate really hard on I give her "the look" and she knows that as oppose to ignoring her I'll come talk to her later... otherwise If i lose concentration, I start to tilt really badly lol

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, so I was playing the ACR/CC weekly tonight and lot a big portion of my stack early on. Grinded my way back for 40 minutes to a healthy stack.
Then....it happens.....
the same shit that happens at 6pm every night.........

MY WIFE gets off work and calls me, and wants to chit chat :..(
3 hands later I'm out of the tournament.......

She even asks me if i want her to let me go because she knows that I'm playing a tournament, but if I say yes she gives me attitude...haha

Mehhh...I've lost so many tourneys this way I can't even count.

So...How well can all of you play distracted???

It looks like you need to cut your wife's tongue out if you want to win yourself some freerolls.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you got a poker tracker HUD you can keep tabs who is really tight,who 3 bets light,who folds to c-bets easy etc. they should ban HUDs. I try to play distracted then I run into the rock or the guy who calls down no matter how scary the board is with mid pair ok kicker.In short you really need to watch the action.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like you need to cut your wife's tongue out if you want to win yourself some freerolls.

Sunday millions maybe.... not a freeroll... haha
Jk I love my wife.
(That’s pretty aggressive though :-/....)

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brother, you are in difficult moments it is good to know that at this time you are not concentrated, I want to play at your table rsrsrs! I'll have patience to wait for your wife to call rsrsrs lol !! more to speak the truth is a tedium when this happens, literally this ends the game, loses if the focus and disrupts !! in your case I'm already absent nor do I go there to see!

I can’t understand most of this. Is it translated?

keokeokk

keokeokk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend ... this always happens to me ... sometimes a visit arrives or my wife starts complaining about something that I do not even know ... comes to say that I only stay in the computer so it was already I give all in to leave soon .. I'm very angry about this and I leave the tournament soo

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a 2 and 3 yr old toddlers running around me all day,,i`m literally changing diapers on the floor beside my computer,getting toys,food,drinks,stopping fights.Concentration is sometimes not on the game,but i don`t blame my kids,,their not the ones clicking my mouse.:hmmmm:

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to lately be more mindful of distractions and how they impact my game.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 2 and 3 yr old toddlers running around me all day,,i`m literally changing diapers on the floor beside my computer,getting toys,food,drinks,stopping fights.Concentration is sometimes not on the game,but i don`t blame my kids,,their not the ones clicking my mouse.:hmmmm:

You’re grinding just to be able to grind!!!!
I feel your pain :)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes get distracted watching the stream.

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not only tournaments, it's the atmosphere in the family and at work, be more open to communicating with people, otherwise there will only be poker and you: (

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope and when I try, I go bust .. well tend to.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to keep distractions at least or I will lose.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The most distructed MTT I played was on New Year's Eve. I played cardschat freeroll, and got in the money. I have done it and some other times with freerolls during a celebration and got in the money too! To be honest these are not conditions to play, MTT with buy in or cash games, because you cannot watch the developement of the game and there is a great danger to defeat easily.

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. When I am distracted, I make a lot of bad decisions.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My partner got home from work yesterday while I was playing, and asked me to make some pasta. Ok, so I bring the laptop into the kitchen with me, no problems. In in a $1 sit and go. She comes in, sees my games and plays for me (fair enough, she's the one that introduced me to poker). She shoves a suited ace, I'm down from 1st to last, and out on the bubble.

That's my distraction, I do much better by myself

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless I take too long to act and sit out with Aces, I'm okay.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well since you are not playing every hand tell your wife to hold on the phone when you are playing in one.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Distraction can almost always take u off ur A game, its so easliy done ,someone enters and speaks while ur on a roll, telephone rings ,someone knocks at the door,All these can put a person on tilt,and allow u to make or call a bet that in most cases youwould have never allowed urself to do

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello everybody! My personal opinion will be that when you play poker, and this is a very serious game, it's better not to get distracted from the game at all, but to be as focused and focused on the game as possible. And if you play, for several tables, then even more so.

I

Ivaldo de Araujo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually like to play doing something else at same time, but nothing that serious, for me serves like a relief valve for pressure.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I found that I play better when Im watching something else while Im playing, take some pressure off my shoulders haha :)