Are you making a living from poker only?

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone on this forum making a living playing poker online, WITHOUT working another type job??

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I am sure that there are such players among the members of our community. But personally I do not belong to them, although I dream about it. And I hope that someday my dream will come true.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

Raise your hand who makes a living just from poker! hahaha Surely there are people in CC who are dedicated and live off poker! In my case I work with wood, luthier.
Thanks greetings

You have to dedicate yourself to what you are passionate about!
:kh4::kc4: Kings of Life and the jungle for all (king Kong)

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not my case, although I am working hard and studying hard to achieve that goal.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is more a fun platform to play poker
To take poker poker more serious I would have to play onsite.
online poker is not so trustworthy I have experience

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stared to investigate some pros from my country, and I actually found Omaha4rollz talking about freerolls and micro ones on a forum in 2008. It's cute, cause I can see now how well-organised and wise he had been at the time, and he don't need another job right now.
In the other hand I watched a streamer who was made it, but broke at some point. He got back to a normal job for 6 months and have cash to continue, and after that he became a pro and no longer to have another job.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Raise your hand who makes a living just from poker! hahaha Surely there are people in CC who are dedicated and live off poker! In my case I work with wood, luthier.
Thanks greetings

You have to dedicate yourself to what you are passionate about!
:kh4::kc4: Kings of Life and the jungle for all (king Kong)
Oh wow...luthier...that is AMAZING. I used to build custom furniture years ago, I always wanted to work with instruments but never could take the time to study it. I always had this dream of building myself a harp guitar. You have a wonderful job, I wish you every happiness.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow ... luthier ... that's AMAZING. Years ago I used to build custom furniture, I always wanted to work with instruments but could never take the time to study them. I always had a dream of building a harp guitar. You have a wonderful job, I wish you all the happiness.

Thank you very much for your comment, colleague, I am glad that you like woods, so good that you know how to make furniture.
A hug! :)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who really strives to make a living off of Poker?...Huh, makes you really think lol, I mean, there are influential people that play poker, but those that only play poker as their life? I mean, I can say I am going that route, because hey, I am pretty much done with celebrities or being a news photog, but, it is interesting, what have poker pros really done with their lives? lol. I get, they raised for charity or made an appearance, but..what have "you" actually done. It is an interesting thought, and I love the idea of exploring it.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say that raising money for charity covers that idea right?

Cant be a bad thing...like Michael J Fox raising a billion for Parkinsons, etc

Are we like him?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How about Akon giving millions to Africa, I bet nobody knew that ish!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's hard to make a living from poker, I think you need to know this game too well to get all the income you need.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible and I know people, but I think that here we are because poker is a hobby and we can discuss our experience .

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, poker is not profitable for me at the moment. But still, I actually work every day to improve my game. I am an optimist and therefore I am sure that my profit is waiting for me in the near future.

qWald0

qWald0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a job, but I take poker very seriously and want to be the best at it.

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not enought hours in the day to go Pro:captain:... Freeroll works for me. small wins 5c,50c...$1
play all week and have $5 - $10. Not a Kings ransom, however i'm watching a film/tv and enjoying a smoke.

Not a bad way to spend your lockdown.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small victories only allow you to pay for communications (mobile, Internet, television) from time to time. For more income from poker is not yet realized.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible to make money for your life if you invest enough effort and try hard, but it's not in my case now. I still prefer playing poker as a hobby.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a hobby in my case (always wanting to play big tournaments like everyone else$) but it is an interesting point, I will be following the answers.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally, I make money from poker, but I do not make a living. I suspect there are very few members that are pro. Obviously there are Ambassadors like of Katie Dozier and Collin Moshman, but just regular members, not many make a living from poker.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not a source of income for me. I play poker in my spare time. I think that for poker to become a source of income, you need a good start-up capital and a well-structured strategy.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, personally it is what I have been looking for since I met poker, to be able to make a living from this game, but we must bear in mind that it is very difficult to do so. I have tried but it has not been given, I hope that in the future I will achieve it, I do not lose hope and I keep trying to improve day by day.