Are you looking to become pro poker?

A

ands1000

Rising Star
Total posts
Do you play poker for fun? Or are you looking to play professionally? Do I just play for fun? But I always try to improve myself!

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Total posts
I'm not trying to become a professional, but I'm trying to win.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Total posts
It all started as a hobby and now I seek to become a professional player is my dream, I know it is difficult but not impossible I have been trying for years, but being a professional poker player requires a lot of study and discipline and more in managing your bank.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Total posts
Hello. I. Have not been, but I am willing to try.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
I play for fun but I like to study some concepts because some times I jump into bigger and more serious buy ins and I want to be prepared. I don't want to become a pro but some side income now and there is always welcome!

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Total posts
Professionalism

Hey
Whenever i do something i like to do it perfectly, when you're all focused on the table, full skill, full concentration and with some luck you can beat the pro players and gain some fame.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
It all started as a hobby and now I seek to become a professional player is my dream, I know it is difficult but not impossible I have been trying for years, but being a professional poker player requires a lot of study and discipline and more in managing your bank.

I play poker cause I love it, definitely force my brain to have some work and entertainment.
But on the money side it is just a huge chance to make it at certain levels, and actually be as profitable as your talent and knowledge lead you.

I agree with you Juan the most. I think we can have such as great moves as pros or even such a great tournament as many levels. But, they are really consistent. I think the biggest key is a great bankroll management, and after that what you can bring from them.

D

daniel888

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I just play for fun and still make a lot of mistakes. I think to become a professional player, we have to spend and a lot of time and try hard seriously. Maybe someday, when I have a lot of experience, I will try.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Total posts
If you do something just for the sake of money, you will hate this activity 100%. As additional income - ok. But what are you going to do in 5-10 years? How can you be successful in poker today, spending less than 200 hours a month?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Total posts
I think being a professional poker player is very stressful. It sounds like fun, but there will be so many times that things will go bad for a while and you will lose a lot of money. Even the greatest players lose a lot of the time. I have no desire to become one. I play for the challenge, fun and a chance to make a very small amount of money. To make it worthwhile from a $/hr perspective I would have to play much higher stakes then I would be comfortable with.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Total posts
Never. I beter become a plumber. being a pro is so stressfull i mean its cool to play every once in awhile but the other day you dont feel like too concentrated and boom you start to lose. But pro must always win. Risk is great and stuff, but i need to feel some stability in my life.
:smokin:

B

Bugi

Rock Star
Total posts
I'm in a position where I can play all the time. When I have a big enough bankroll I'll say that I'm a professional poker player.

For now I'm an indentured grinder. ;):D

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Total posts
It would be nice! But it would not be bad for me to win a good amount of money, so that in the future I will have nothing to deny myself!:)

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Total posts
Professional poker player

Yes, whenever i do something i do it perfectly and my goal is to be a professional poker player

rdwr33

rdwr33

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I AM NOT TRYING TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL. I PLAY JUST FOR FUN AND WHENEVER I AM STRESSED THE GAME CAUSES ME PLEASURE AND PEACE.

black and

black and

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
UA
I play for fun, but still I would like to become a professional player. But you have to be a realist. Personally, I'm just too lazy. :D

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Total posts
It is my dream to become a professional but I am still very far from achieving it, it is really difficult, but I keep studying and I do not lose hope

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I was thinking about it, but no thx! There are a lot of better paid jobs with less stress.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I'm always looking to evolve, maybe someday I'll raise the level in poker, from recreational player to professional, I'm striving for this achievement, it's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Total posts
at the moment, no!! maybe later !!!

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Total posts
I would not complain if I magically was in a position to be pro, but it is not my goal, perhaps a semi pro is more attractive to me so my liferoll doesn't depend on poker results.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
In order to be a professional, I have been playing as a routine for 20 long years, but for about a year and a half I have been playing real money with more study and patience ... it is costing me too much, but I will die fighting, I will not let a bad time of bad streaks, erase everything I learned hard ... Bankrol is one of my worst problems, very tight and I am almost sure that I will have to invest, to see the good long-term results, persist and you will expire .. patience and put hands ... we will look at each other at the high level tables ... be yourself ,, we will be winners ... always positive thoughts ,, transform the way of thinking ,,, soon we will reach the goal ,, good luck friends ,, ,

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Nope :D

Sure, if I get that good at poker one day, then I might be open to becoming a pro...but it is by no means a dream, nor desire of mine. Poker is more of a challenge for me and more like a hobby I take seriously for improvement. I have no real ambitions of becoming a pro, but who knows? ;)