You know it's not your day

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tourney. This is how the first 15 minutes or so goes . Flop top two lose to a straight. Dealt QQ no action. A few hands later KK no action. 5 hands or so later AA loose to 10 10 with a four card flush on the board. Oh we'll always tomorrow.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It happens, it's poker. Maybe tomorrow luck will be with you.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me not only has not been my day, it has not been my week, it has gone badly for me, I have not even achieved a final table this week

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
had a tough stretch in the acr CC freeroll. Last 10 and get it in twice miles ahead to the same player and got sucked out on both times. that is poker tho.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes it happens.
There are different situations in poker.
If you continue study and play, you are bound to be lucky.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes in poker it happens that the game does not go and a couple of days, and even very good cards do not play several times in the hands, but you need to wait this time or play in small tournaments with a small buy-in, or play on good cards very carefully so that a lot Do not lose chips or money, this is a game of poker and different moments happen in the game!

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesnt take long to know its not your day.You raise and miss every flop,wait a long time for a good hand and two other players get a better better one at the same time,your draws miss and theirs get there.But if you can get through the rough spots without tilting too hard you can still bounce back.I have made some final tables on some days where I started off really bad.

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there. You didn't give enough blood to the gods this month.

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me not only has not been my day, it has not been my week, it has gone badly for me, I have not even achieved a final table this week

I feel you,and it reminds me some of my past sessions..I remember for example grinding half month around 240Mtts,running very bad most of days and a good day was to be slightly minus/break even..Then finished 2nd in a big field Mtt and next exactly day finished 1st(with deal on HU) for another very good cash..So,we all know that variance is a b***h,we must be prepared mentally to face downswings or bad days,playing our A-game and results gonna come :)

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens to me on a regular basis. Sometimes I think the sites play favortism to some players. There are some people I just won't play against because no matter what I have they always beat me. They can play 7-2o & beat my set of aces. Don't understand that.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter how bad the game is, I never lose hope of increasing the stack. If at the beginning of the game I'm not lucky with the card, I'm going to deep expectation of a pocket pair or a premium card and throwing in Allin. It happens that the whole game does not have a good card and is interrupted by the average. And at the end of the tournament you type the stack and you get to the last table.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tourney. This is how the first 15 minutes or so goes . Flop top two lose to a straight. Dealt QQ no action. A few hands later KK no action. 5 hands or so later AA loose to 10 10 with a four card flush on the board. Oh we'll always tomorrow.
At least you could play a few hands hehe Let me tell you something that I will never forget.I had won a satellite to play my first "big tournament" in my country whose buy-in was 50 USD which for me was a lot of money.:D Anyway, The day of the tournament came I was so excited after having chosen the dealer button My position was BB, the first hand came the blinds were 25/50 with an initial stack of 15K. in my table were 10 people. How was the first hand every player call so It was my turn to look at my cards and I saw a beautiful pair of Cowboys:kd4::kh4: so I decided to raise 4 times the BB plus 50 per each player It was almost 800. I had read this in let's play poker hehe My first poker manual from pokerstars
I was so worried at the moment which every player made the call.
The dealer gave us the most beautiful flop that I had seen ever :10d4::10h4::ks4: I bet 3000 at this moment only 4 people called my bet. the turn was a :5s4: I checked because I wanted a little bit of action so the guy next to me and the cut off checked as well but the Button decided to bet 3000 so Happily I called after a couple of minutes the guy next to me raise to 6000 the cut off folded the Button push all his chips without thinking twice I called the player in UTG did an instant call . the crucial moment arrived and we have to show our cards.
I showed my KINGS the guy next to me had American Airlines :ad4::as4: and the button showed :10s4::ad4: I was so happy and I said to my self this is my tournament I will win the tournament until the river arrived :10c4: :eek::eek::eek:
After that, I decided to leave poker for 2 months :ciao::ciao: hehe I went back to the next week and lost again heh

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ouch that hurt !! It's always that dang river card , every time !

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to everyone sometimes,we have to accept it,thats poker,sometimes you are the guy with 10 10 that wins vs AA

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to everyone sometimes,we have to accept it,thats poker,sometimes you are the guy with 10 10 that wins vs AA

To be fair 10/10 isn't a terrible hand to push with in position pre-flop. 1:8 to hit your set, when you're low stacked, those are pretty good odds lol