Can you control yourself after a big loss so you don't lose your bankroll?

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello CardChat!
I wanted to ask a very important question concerning many players)
At the very beginning, this was a big problem for me - emotions are sometimes difficult to control.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If some hand get me tilted I don't enter any MTT anymore in that day, i usually lose my patience.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's really hard in the beggining, however, once you stick to your bankroll management for a long time, it becomes weird to play larger ABI (it kinda becomes a habit playing lower)

Also, most poker players pass through moving up and down the limits, so you just get used to not risking more then you can

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually not, but I try

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello CardChat!
At the very beginning, this was a big problem for me - emotions are sometimes difficult to control.
I only play freerolls, so I'm unlikely to lose my bankroll, I have to save money to buy milk for my 11 children.😁🤪🤣🤣

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's difficult, but since I play spins, it's not uncommon for me to find sections in which I lose 30 buy-ins.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello CardChat!
Hi
For me, some days I control myself and stop playing, and on other days when I'm in a bad mood, I don't stop until I lose everything I have. It all depends on the psychological state we are in that day.
Good players don't fall into this situation too much, whatever their psychological state.
good luck

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
One of the most difficult things is to maintain control after a losing streak. In my case, I have some basic rules written in front of my computer so as not to lose control

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
now I can do it , but it took me a very long time to manage to obtain this control :)

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Of course. It's a game to me. If I was careless, I learn from it

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is the most important part of poker, you have to control your emotions, try to work on your mindset, a player can be very good technically, but if he doesn't control his emotions he may not be profitable.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The majority of times yes, but I had tilt problems before. For me, the mental part of poker is the most important. My tilt problem is a lot better now, but still not 100%.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, every player should learn to play within the limits of their bankroll, that is, if you have a bankroll of $200 then you should play a maximum of Mtts of up to $2.20, this means that you don't have big losses and also makes that this does not interfere with your decision-making. I hear a lot of good players saying that the ideal is to have at least 100 times the buyin of the MTT you are playing in your bankroll, never play outside your limit. I already broke a bankroll because I had $250 in my bankroll and I went to play a $50 spin, the pressure not to lose made me make bad decisions, in addition to the fact that I was playing against better players than on micros, it made me break my bankroll and I never did that again. within the limit. I manage to control myself not to have a big loss, playing in the limits that I am profitable and respecting my bankroll.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
The best advice when tilt occurs is to simply close the poker client. Tomorrow poker will be the same as today. You still have time to recoup, and winning in every session is unrealistic. It is important to learn to accept defeat and not keep negative emotions in yourself. Tell a friend on Skype how you were bullied, hit the wall with your fist, sing on the forum. Once you let go of all the aggression and negative emotions, you can return to your best game. It's better than losing all your money.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bank will never be affected, I always keep my tournament grid regardless of the result I have on my day

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
ohh you have no idea it is so frustrating it is like you lose control
it happent to me so many times
the best thing to do is do not play any new game and cut your loses

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't really put in enough to loose big so i guess i control it that way

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Personally, it's difficult to control oneself. Who doesn't get angry when they're losing money? Well, at least in my case, with a very small bankroll of $20, any loss in percentage terms is quite significant. But when your bankroll is too high, I don't think there's much of a problem. You can get a little upset at losing just because no one likes to lose, but with a solid foundation, you have more margin of error and can continue trying to recover the loss and achieve a positive win rate.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello CardChat!
online poker changed my mind at the tables... Now is only pragmatism, like most jobs, we try to let emotions out of it.

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Withdrawl 85% of the winnings to your bank account and keep the other 15% for your bankroll.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As I only play MTTs within my bankroll, there's never a big loss at all. 😅

So no, that hasn't happened yet and probably never will. 😉

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I started playing it was difficult for me, slowly I understood that it is part of the game!

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello CardChat!
At the beginning, when I first started playing poker, I was nervous and angry about any little thing, and this led to the loss of a lot of money. However, now that I have been playing for several years in a row, I have learned to control my emotions and be patient. I started reading books about the psychology of poker, watching various training videos and it really helped a lot. Now I'm completely indifferent to losses and unsuccessful sessions because it's an integral part of poker

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I stop straight away. Do something else for a couple of hours. Give myself time to chill then go back to it.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
No 🤣. It's simple, if things go badly, you leave the game for longer to distance yourself and not make the same mistake again.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management