demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course it is there are many players who playing uncomfortable losing serious amounts of money.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't consider myself an addict, but I have devoted a lot of my time and thoughts to poker. I've been putting aside some commitments as a result of this and I know this is a problem, but I'm not compulsive. I'm trying to better balance my time, which unfortunately is always short, work, college, friends, wife...

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

My family may see me that way, but it's not true. :angel:

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
100% it's easy to play all day & eat and forget about everything lol

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two years earlier, I would have said "yes" - I'm a poker addict ..... but I'm a little burnt out for poker, so at the moment "no")))) something like this

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Poker as a sport, as swimming (my other practice sport), i like to play it for fun, to be honest I like most (a little bit) to study about it than play.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself addicted to poker as a game of chance. Rather, I depend on poker as an opportunity to constantly develop and learn something new.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye, i have serious addition that lasts 12 years

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you consider a person addiceted to poker to be?

How often do you play?

How many hours do you spend per day?

Has poker intervened in other serious aspects of you life, such as cancelling an appointment to play poker?

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No, I don't consider myself that way. I can easily not play if there is no desire. If I play 5-6 hours a day, I get bored with poker

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I dont think Im an addict but Iplay everyday. Love to play hate to pay

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Do you (or anyone from your family or friends) consider yourself a poker addict?
Have you ever had any problems playing poker (any kind) that made you think about it?
no I play poker about 5-8 hours a day and I don't depend on it I play it after work to relax it's like going to the gym for example the same thing

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think so. There are other types of addictions such as alcohol and cigarettes or drugs that are much worse than poker.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Addiction to something that couldn't be stopped is considered gambling, the truth is that phenomenon exists in our environment as poker players but in my chaos it's not that, so I would have to say the same thing about other players.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you (or anyone from your family or friends) consider yourself a poker addict?
Have you ever had any problems playing poker (any kind) that made you think about it?
YES!

I have been addicted to poker several times throughout my "career."

Even as a successful player (sometimes even more so!), it's possible to be addicted.

There is a fine line between being passionate/excited about poker, and allowing it to take control.

When I was very new to the game, I was very successful immediately. Because of this, I neglected school and other responsibilities because I just wanted to play poker with all of my free time. This was mostly excitement for my new found "talent" but it was too much. Like all "things" balance is critical. ;)

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. There have been times where a tournament has fallen on the same days/times as family gatherings.... So, I'm on my phone playing and trying to socialize at the same time LOL.... multi-tasking in the worst possible way... unless I involve them in some of the decision making... to where interest doesn't last very long... it is unfortunate that some things can cause disapproval of playing poker... :p

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Addiction is very pejorative and it refers to something that you do when you shouldn't do it or when its effects are bad for you or your health, including mental health.

I see poker as a profession not a drug and I treat it as such. Poker is not a problem for me because I train to be a professional. I could stop playing it but I see no point. On the other hand, I have never lost money playing poker. I don't mean to say that I don't lose sometimes, but overall I have only gone up and never lost any personal money as in everything I have ever deposited, I have already withdrawn amd even more on top of that.

I am addicted to my wife, though. I can happily live without poker and earn money from many other activities, but would not enjoy everything as much without her.

Robot_Marv1n

Robot_Marv1n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm worried, but I only play at micro stakes and don't allow myself to spend more than I can afford.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You could say yes! But I'm trying not to fall into the hole! I mean I play poker a lot but I don't sit in debt and poker is not a priority

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, luckily no one in my family nor I suffer from addiction. I am very sorry for those who suffer from this, it is very complex and I hope that with help they can overcome it.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, like any sport if you want to improve you have to be an addict. Too bad most people think of poker as gambling, it is not. It is a skill you have to build that is done by practicing. In baseball for example some take years to be good and a very few are great right away, well treat poker the same. With all that being said, like any other sport you have to know when it is time to give up the dream and just play for fun.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes unfortunately i have and addiction, i must learn some discipline or will just have to stop.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I have never considered myself to be addicted to poker

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is a trick, because even if a person is addicted, he does not admit it himself.