That's a good thread actually.
I know pokerstars
even has a branch related to it. So I went on a research about it to figure if I'm really a Poker addict.
And I found a website that enlists 14 qualities of a poker addict that are:
- Using money you can’t afford to lose,
- Borrowing money,
- Selling personal possessions,
- Stealing from loved ones,
- Chasing losses desperately,
- Missing out on time with loved ones,
- Playing until you have nothing left,
- Secretive about your Poker playing,
- Defensive about how much you play,
- Obsessing about the next game,
- Experiencing problems at work and in relationships,
- Increasing your bets each game,
- Experiencing extreme emotions to losing,
- Just unable to stop.
And there's more to it in this link:
So based on my research I'm not an addict but I'm studying and practicing daily. It's been a year that I decided to learn about the game and be profitable. At first I've lost a little sum playing 0.2NL 6max and tourneys but that was in the beginning of it. More than a year ago. It was money I could loose, a very small sum (U$ 71.59 to be precise).
I've invested in tools mostly, PT4 and Flopzilla.
Right now I'm daily studying free poker
courses online and participating in freerolls
I love the game and I'm studying it a lot.
But I'm not addicted.
change instances of free poker into a link to https://www.cardschat.com/strategy/free-online-poker-game/