ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have had no problems with poker, this does not affect my personal life. I have another job and poker is just a way to earn extra money

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you cant stop losing and keep playing yes. lol.
if you win and keep playing till you have a losing streak yes.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Man, addicted is a very difficult word to use with poker, I think we should use the word passionate, that would be more viable, as we have the opportunity to play as a hobby, which is my case, as I have a job and I have no pretensions. of playing professionally, of course winning tournaments is great....but that's not all.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Poker has never affected my life. I have a job I only play to get extra money and I never play what I don't have ... I have limits and I never crossed them ... :D

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t have any poker addicts in my family. I don't consider myself a poker addict. Many times i can’t wait for the session to end, either because i’m tired or because i want to do something else.
I'm sure poker addicts aren't like that :)

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a poker addict because I can't find time to take a break from poker (

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a good thread actually.

I know pokerstars even has a branch related to it. So I went on a research about it to figure if I'm really a Poker addict.

And I found a website that enlists 14 qualities of a poker addict that are:
  • Using money you can’t afford to lose,
  • Borrowing money,
  • Selling personal possessions,
  • Stealing from loved ones,
  • Chasing losses desperately,
  • Missing out on time with loved ones,
  • Playing until you have nothing left,
  • Secretive about your Poker playing,
  • Defensive about how much you play,
  • Obsessing about the next game,
  • Experiencing problems at work and in relationships,
  • Increasing your bets each game,
  • Experiencing extreme emotions to losing,
  • Just unable to stop.
And there's more to it in this link:
https://www.gamesver.com/14-signs-youre-addicted-to-poker-do-you-have-an-issue/

So based on my research I'm not an addict but I'm studying and practicing daily. It's been a year that I decided to learn about the game and be profitable. At first I've lost a little sum playing 0.2NL 6max and tourneys but that was in the beginning of it. More than a year ago. It was money I could loose, a very small sum (U$ 71.59 to be precise).

I've invested in tools mostly, PT4 and Flopzilla.

Right now I'm daily studying free poker courses online and participating in freerolls.

I love the game and I'm studying it a lot.

But I'm not addicted.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was addicted, broke it off, became addicted again, still sort of addicted but when you get better in the game & better brm, it's not as "exciting" per se so the more serious I take it, the less I play in a day, if that makes sense?
I'm addicted to poker for life, just not the degen life, that part sucks :D

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it’s better then being addicted to crack! :D
Is it though? No one really notices your body changing, while your word's crumbling inside

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No, not really. I can take a week or more free of poker, without problems. In last time I play one time per week, because I will to be with my family.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i m a poker addicted.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Nope, I don't play for money i play for fun. I never put my own money on poker i just play the freerolls one's.

ked717su

ked717su

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I can call myself a drug addict, all the free money goes to betting and poker) but lately I'm starting to calm down and play reasonably

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
If a person ask me that question my reply will be: How much time do you spend looking down on that phone every day to chat, watch videoclips or play games? 5 hours ? 10 hours?

Because that's what most people do these days. They are addicted to their phones.

I only play poker 2-3 hours daily, can take a break anytime.

R

rhennemcu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play poker to be my hobby and to earn some small amount of money. I am lucky because I can control myself from playing

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play every day when possible)

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing every day for the last two months.
I think about poker almost 24/7, and my dreams as of right now are very nut heavily consting of poker related themes.

I know for a fact I'm addicted to poker :D

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play every day in the evenings, 2-3 tournaments. But I may well miss the games, especially if the downstreak has started.. Then I try not to play for a week or even more

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I play each day that it does not interrupt family time nor.cattle needs.

xXFelaXx

xXFelaXx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
defenitly yes, love poker, played everyday and ill continues doing so.

L

La reytor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live from poker and sometimes I have crossed the line, I have run out of funds I have had to start from scratch playing free tournaments or sometimes I have had to pawn my precious watch that thanks I have recovered it and I have not lost it and I had some falls but I got up and my wife does not like that I dedicate myself to this but the situation in my country is on the ground and getting a job is very difficult playing poker has changed my life and I have been able to buy many things and it has allowed me to travel, What with a worker's salary I would not have been able to do it now I am trying to study in forums and on social networks since I make many mistakes and very often and I always try to drink I take advantage of the situation now I play free tournaments and only Saturdays and Sundays I play low tournaments and events maximum $ 22:rolleyes:

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can be considered moderately crazy. I understand when I start to tilt, and take a break from poker.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey ! to some extent - yes)))