Can you be considered a poker addict?

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good thing I'm not a poker addict and I know how to control my bankroll otherwise I wouldn't be able to play poker regularly. Among the relatives and among the friends and acquaintances I have who are gamers

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play just for fun. If you don't dream that you will become milionaire over night you have bigger chances to not become an addict.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that addicts are those people,who are completely dependent on something, and I just love to play poker,and know how to control myself.

M

Movi84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take break everytime I realize im loosing control, been addicted in the past

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think that I a poker addict, i think that I have control for de game, and I can live without play poker

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Now

i used to get very angry when I had a bad beat. My wife put a stop to that. Now I understand it’s part of the game.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not me personally, but I can understand the reasons why, I have had addictions to gaming in the past ( before streaming and esports was a thing ) these days you can be a gaming addict and not considered a gaming addict at the same time because most gaming addicts now get paid somehow, if streaming was a thing back in the day I would of been a professional call of duty 4 player from 2007-2009 but instead nope, I was just an addict.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

No no no
I just like to play poker everyday Thats all and if i don´t i start shaking
Don´t know why....
Rgds

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Probably. Play online pretty much every day. Play home game pretty much once a week.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

No I am not poker addict . I really enjoy it. However It does not dominate my life. When I have other things to do, I dont even think about poker. I have also left it for long stretches. Live, I play when I go to Vegas or Florida, or an international tournament. Idint play online at all, having started only because of the pandemic lockdown.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don’t think so because I’m only playing when I’ve done my chores and commitment!

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't consider myself addicted as I only play freerolls and I don't bet my winnings.
On the other hand, I play 6 freerolls a day. Am I addicted?

NUTSSS888

NUTSSS888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D

I reached a certain point that I considered myself addicted to poker, today I play for fun

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It could become for someone who can't control negative emotions and not deal really well with bad days.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my way of seeing it, if there is an addiction to each game of chance but even so it is not impossible to treat already for everyone who has it, they have to take the first step which is to admit that they have a problem, and ask for help to solve it

RParris

RParris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when I can't stop playing in weekends to spend some time with my family, then I feel adicted to poker, it makes me sad

You should read Barry Greenstiens book ,Ace on the River. He talks a lot about poker and balance from the very first page.
Good luck!

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had been skind of an addict in the past, but I realized that not that it's just not healthy, it is also effect my play in a bad way.
Now I have more control over my game, focusing more on the GTO espect and leaving aside the luck side of the game.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I'm definitely a poker addict. Poker is addictive gradually, but thoroughly. It's crazy, but I can't live without poker.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was addicted to win big, now I respect smaller steps more. I think I'm choosing games correct even tho progression is probably slow like this, I'm feeling myself more comfortable with my new me in real-money games, who trying to be better in most important in his own eyes. :)

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play poker, I do not consider myself addicted but I am passionate about the world of poker, It is a hobbit for me at night I relax playing online poker in some rooms that are available in my country, Without losing or winning a lot of money, If you are addicted and you start to lose more money than you enter you must stop a little relax and see poker as what it is "A game"

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes poker is my life when I'm playing I'm in a zone ready to play but when I got time to play got a lot going on in life it self wish I could play poker for living that would be my dream

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really..1 can get addicted to anything and lose everything so easily so it can happen. Im pretty mello but my friend grinds everyday hard-core, i don't have to play everyday so im not a full time junky yet. Good luck and have fun crushing em.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No. Most of time I have to force myself to play.