Are you a winning poker player?

P

panaloto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading the posts here in Cardschat has helped me improve my game. There's a lot of great advises that can be useful in honing skills. Still, I've got a long way to go before I can say I'm winning more than losing.

I wonder what percent of players here are winning players.

Let's do a survey here.

Are you a winning player? Do you win more than you lose?

1. Yes, by a lot.
2. Yes, but barely.
3. No, but nearly there.
4. No, I'm losing a lot more than I'm winning.

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the forum is great, it helped out to improve my skills.

Well, I still an "3. No, but nearly there."

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
I cannot say that I am a player who loses at a distance. Most likely, I belong to the players who win and have a positive attitude. Another thing is that it is impossible to exist on this money, since all the money won is a trifle. Playing at micro-stakes, it is impossible to win big money or even money that you can live on, more or less satisfying your vital needs.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't say this about myself yet ((

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes, more or less.
... but thanks to our freerolls, I can always increase my bankroll, so I do not worry at all.
Good luck.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question. I've been playing poker for a while and see maybe I'm see event big money

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello there!
Yes, I often get into prizes and this is already + to the contribution for the tournament that you have made. slowly but gradually, your bankroll increases depending on the limit you play on, and the limits as we know depend on the bankroll. You are more calm at low limits because you lose small bets and it is easier to overcome the variance than those who play at high limits where the competition is very strong.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't consider myself a successful poker player, but I do strive for it.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am on option 3 right now. but in general, I am in option 2, since I am changing cycles, and having weeks of gains or weeks of losses.:bath:

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not quite. I'm still a student, with a lot of (losing) experience. I'm still very prone to making mistakes, while being actively aware that I am making these mistakes. I cash in a lot of MTTs and SnGs, but in cash games I'm a break-even player at best. I know I need to keep learning and keep grinding in order to turn the tide, but I am proud of the fact that I am astute enough to do so as long as I remain committed.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2. Yes, but barely.

I am a break even player, but rake back or prize money from leaderboards help me stay on the winning side :)

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHen I kept a spread sheet, it said i was beating $5 and under for 28% though it still felt like I was getting my ass kicked all over the field. But in general NO! LOL

joaquinvd

joaquinvd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I can say that I am starting to win with a more solid game based on a lot of effort and study.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can find good data in regards to SNGs in the SS leaderboard section (see my attached image). This shows that roughly 30% of players are profitable and 70% are losing money (this month). This is not to be taken as 30% of players are profitable, as it seems like the true figure is smaller. Anyway, these LBs are interesting to look at. :)

Attachments

• winning or losing.JPG
    winning or losing.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 9
Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As Ozzy Osbourne says:
I'm a loser, I'm a secret loser.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I keep option 2. But the positive thing is that I live in a country where only earning about $ 30 is enough for a few days of tranquility

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am not sure. My win % of the hands played is a tad bit over 51%.
Dan'O

A

Anton1609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely yes than no, I never made a deposit, but won a little money.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely a winning player. On a p/hr basis though, flipping burgers would have made multiples more...

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the collapse, I was a winning player, in the micro stakes, I had ROI over 60-70% at least, as in that time, there were plenty smaller poker sites full with good tourneys and bad, totally hobby players... then I've stopped playing, few times, when I restarted, I was a total loser, to be honest I do not get it, however, since I avoid pokerstars - that's not poker over there, I am sure, I do not want to name it, but it is NOT poker... -, I am winner again, over 100% ROI on micro stake tourneys, even what I experience in most of the poker rooms is quiet unreal sometimes, based on variancy and probability...