Are you a Recreational or Pro Player?

As a CardChat Member, you are playing poker as a?

• Recreational Player, so what :)

Votes: 299 72.9%
  • Semi-Pro Player

Votes: 48 11.7%
  • Full-Time Pro Player

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Transitioning Player - Semi-Pro

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • Transitioning Player - Full-Time Pro

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters
jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I am totally a recreational player because to become a professional or even semi professional player you need to have a lot of financial power or a good sponsor.
[/COLOR]

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Voted for transitioning..

Was a recreational player for 15+ years then two or three years ago decided to study and practice as much as possible in order to maximize my potential and see if that would be enough to make something happen.

Learnt more in the first six months of studying and playing 'seriously' than I had learnt in fifteen years recreational play.

That surprised me because I thought I was already a 'good' player and knew what I was doing...

How wrong I was! LOL.

Two or three years down the line and I'm happy with my progress if not results.

My journey has certainly been hampered by circumstances but will not be giving up, if anything the difficulties have solidified my determination.

A tenacity and resilience forged in the raging fires of despairing disappointment..! :banghead: :icon_blac :icon_stud :D

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recreational pro players of freeroll club members:)

C

Chachaboy1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to build freeroll money into 100 000$

I know this is possible because i had won around 20 000$ extra each year playing freerolls and then low stake tournaments and low stakes table games about 13 years ago. I want to re create them moments. at this time in life i was spending my extra money on bills and stuff....now that i have savings in my bank i wnna build freeroll mooney into a massive online bankroll....to fund my push into professional poker. im gong to dedicate then next few years to playing online and hopefully can post a remarkable story

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I think that by level of play I am a recreational player but with the hope and the drive to stop being one and in a short time to be something else, even if I am not more semi-professional.

Greetings.

T

tolayn83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will never be a professional - it takes all my time, so poker will always be fun for me.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely recreational! Started playing a a way to get together with my buddies then I loved the game so much, I started playing online. Love to start making a little money, but we will see where it takes me!

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this moment i think im a "medium" player.......between recreational and good poker player.........not pro......I still have a lot to learn....But i consider myself a DECENT poker player....without any arrogance.

M

Mr_RichRich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no freeroll player can call him self a pro or semi-pro , even if he's solid.
most if not all cc members are freerollers.
to become a pro it takes long journey .

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wondering if there should have been a category between recreational and semi pro.
I hate to think that I am only a recreational player as I am trying to improve but not a semi pro.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me a pro is someone who does this for a profession and it is there main source of income. I am trying to get there especially now that covid 19 is going around and I am at home I have been playing alot. But I have not built up my bankroll yet any playing freerolls and microstakes. I have been playing recreationaly and regularly for the past 6 years and am playing with the goal of building a bankroll and then wining enough to make consistent withdrawals to pay my bills and save. I am going to take a few shots at scoop on pokerstars in the next couple of weeks.Need lots of patience though as the fields are so big.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
recreational player but dreaming of winning big one time

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a recreational player I started not much a couple of years at the most but I have achieved some important achievements so I will continue fighting to be a pro.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I voted for "recreational player" since I literally just refined my knowledge of the rules of the game earlier this year. Since then it has been learning, freerolls and small homegames. I'm progressing a lot, but I am not going to trick myself into thinking this is any more than just a hobby of mine.

Maybe if I get really good, then I can consider taking higher steps (moving up in stakes, playing games not as soft, or turning semi-pro/pro), but this is not a dream of mine. If I decide to take that leap when I am ready, then cool. I'm in no rush though :)

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls for life

I play for fun. I am a 50/50 player. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.
I have not won or lost any money playing.

I am at break even, that's why I am sticking to freerolls. Never final table, but have fund trying to get there.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, nearly 30% is reporting some level of pro. That's higher than I would have expected. Nice work!

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I play for fun, so voted on 'recreational player'.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
recreational player who puts in time and money of a pro i just need to start winning like a pro now.

S

SinnX507

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Just started playing holdem again about month ago when I ran in to US Accepting poker site. Havent played online since US didnt allow online poker. But love playing at work to kill time. I would consider myself recreational poker player :D

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
beginner, for now we only feed the platforms ...:D:D:D

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am not a good enough player to be a professional poker player. While I would love to have a chance to try being a pro, I am already a professional at something more important. I am my kids dad. It more important to me to be a professional Daddy over poker.

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m a recreational player.
I go through fazes.
I could play every day for a month and then play very little for a couple of months.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depents, always for fun, sometine for money.