Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Treatment of any addiction begins with admittance". It is my opinion (though i only speak for myself) that we are all "hooked" on poker, in some way, whether it's just to be at the table, or to make money, the "drug" has it's satisfaction. Not long ago, i believed i will never be a poker "addict", but i came to realize that i like it... sometimes more than i should. I've seen a lot, both new and old users around here and in real life, that claim they play poker strictly and only for fun, yet, they're at the table every chance they get. Some... leaving behind important parts of their life (jobs, friends, family etc...), just to be there for a little while.
Are you?... "hooked" on poker....
- Who want's to go first?:D

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
addiction

I AGREE - there is such a dependency. Still, the reason is not in the game, but in the internal content of a particular person. His psychological and emotional maturity. If he sacrificed for the sake of the Game with his relationships with friends and relatives, and his work suffers, the person puts the WRONG PRIORITIES IN LIFE, AND FROM THESE INTERNAL PROBLEMS HE HIDES POCKEY. WELL, IF A PERMANENT DEPENDENCE ON THE GAME IS BROUGHT TO IT BY POSITIVE RESULTS, ESPECIALLY, IF THEY EXPRESS IN MONETARY EQUIVALENT. and if not then this is a VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM:heeeellll:heeeellll:heeeellll

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chronic be the word maybe:dito::hahaha:

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
such a difficult question; I usually play a couple of hour in a day and this just my only hobby these days ...

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is my hobby nnd this is good. Because I would lose a lot if I didn’t play micro-limits due to interest.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing wrong to like to play poker (after all we would not be here if we did not). Also there is serious difference between people that play for fun and play for living. In general there are some warning signs that show that you have problem like:

1. Cutting other activities to play more and more poker causing problems with your job/family/friends.
2. Spending money for play which you can't afford to loose without affecting your normal life.
3. Playing only because you need to play no matter if you win or loose and without any will to analyze and improve your game.

For me personally i can say that i am not addicted. Sometimes when i have too much work or other things to do i do not play a single game for weeks and do not feel the need to play. In other cases i can play almost every day for a few hours a day for some time when i have enough free time and i am not too tired. As long as poker is just another one of my hobbies i am not worried.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am already so used to the game of poker that every free minute I enter and play poker and I like it!

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is a passion

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive had a few addictions in my life but poker is the first that makes me money rather than costs me.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was almost 10 years ago at 19. I blew a chunk of money that was my college refund constantly depositing and playing at stakes way above my bankroll and skill level.

Now I treat poker like a business or side job. I've gotten back into the game over the summer last year only playing freerolls. I've been also studying and learning more about the game than I have ever known. Still in my 20's with no wife and kids or established career, I'm hoping to play semi-professionally and save up enough to move to canada and pursue a full time poker career.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am addicted to anything I enjoy unfortunately!!!:D:D

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I'm not addicted I just play 12+ hrs a day lol!!!:D:D

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 months ago I decided to learn (study) how to become a winning player in poker. Since then I've played every day A LOT, but I swear I wish I wouldn't have to sleep to even play more. Hence I'm not addicted, because I would never let a poker game interfere with my other interests. It's part of the game, you have to be responsible for what you do, or you will never get there. :cool:

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like poker not only because of the income but also the time to ride the Turks a couple of hours just a buzz.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I get bored if I play too much poker. That being said I can keep playing for a couple hours and a few more if I feel it.

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 months ago I decided to learn (study) how to become a winning player in poker. Since then I've played every day A LOT, but I swear I wish I wouldn't have to sleep to even play more. Hence I'm not addicted, because I would never let a poker game interfere with my other interests. It's part of the game, you have to be responsible for what you do, or you will never get there. :cool:
Was there some kind of typo error in your statement? Because if there wasn't,
"but I swear I wish I wouldn't have to sleep to even play more", is a big sign. Hell, i also want to get better at the game, and i feel exactly the same way, hence... i kinda' am... an addict. But that's just me. Personally, i don't think we can, nor should we, designate poker as a hobby. It just feels like hiding from ourselves. But congrats to those that actually can, and manage to keep it under control.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Poker is a hobby for me and I always enjoy the game. Thanks to poker, I see only positive changes in my life. I became more patient and disciplined.

john harris

john harris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chronic be the word maybe:dito::hahaha:

What a great description !!! I just started playing again so couldn't be
an addict YET !!!!! I don't see it being an every day happening though.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Addicted" I do not think so, but lately I've been devoting a lot of time to the game, even sacrificing some minor responsibilities or postponing them for another time. At least recognize it is a beginning.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why do you know of a game close to here ?
but no im not an addict..

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it definitely but i dont think am a addict:fight:

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play daily so I guess I am kind of addicted.But at least it is an addiction that doesn't cost me money but from time to time brings me money.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like poker but I do not think I'm addicted, for me it's a hobby mixed with the intention of making money and turn it into a profession but I do not think I left any of my personal life for poker

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy it a lot but not addicted at all.

J

JekinTar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"Treatment of any addiction begins with admittance". It is my opinion (though i only speak for myself) that we are all "hooked" on poker, in some way, whether it's just to be at the table, or to make money, the "drug" has it's satisfaction. Not long ago, i believed i will never be a poker "addict", but i came to realize that i like it... sometimes more than i should. I've seen a lot, both new and old users around here and in real life, that claim they play poker strictly and only for fun, yet, they're at the table every chance they get. Some... leaving behind important parts of their life (jobs, friends, family etc...), just to be there for a little while.
Are you?... "hooked" on poker....
- Who want's to go first?:D

Personally, I have no dependency as such.I play at least reasonably.I do not think that poker should be in priority, in no case poker does not hush up the family, there are more important values.I play for loyalty and not to lose my poker skill.Unfortunately, if a person puts a package in priority, it is really a problem and an addiction that needs to be treated.
I wish you the right values in life and good luck in poker.