WSOP participation

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks,

Obviously, at least for me, it is still a very long journey to get to the point were poker is profitable. However, apart from the money aspect, I always enjoy looking at pro's playing in EPTs, WSOPs, etc.

I was wondering, what does it take to participate to this big events? You just need enough cash to buyin? Did anyone in this forum already attend to any of this big live events and can tell a little bit of his / her experience? Would be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi folks,

Obviously, at least for me, it is still a very long journey to get to the point were poker is profitable. However, apart from the money aspect, I always enjoy looking at pro's playing in EPTs, WSOPs, etc.

I was wondering, what does it take to participate to this big events? You just need enough cash to buyin? Did anyone in this forum already attend to any of this big live events and can tell a little bit of his / her experience? Would be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers

I know a few people who have attended the wsop Main Event. From my understanding, if you have the buy-in then they will take almost anybody :D

However, the problem for many is not only the money for the event, but also hotel/travel costs (which are not small to say the least).

If you want to get technical, you probably don't even need the buy-in per se; lots of WSOP participants get in via satellite events, or poker staking/borrowing money. I think the biggest obstacle is the planning of travel, where to stay, and such like that for the entire week or so the event lasts. Let us also not forget that $10,000 for poker is a big "investment" for many people and some just go once for the "once in a lifetime" experience and bragging rights.

WSOP