WSOP ME - Making a Call

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you do if you were playing in the wsop Main Event for the very first time and on the very first hand you had pocket aces and the three players in behind you had all gone all in. Assume that one player had K-K, the second J-J and the third player 10-10. Is making this call a gimme?

I actually had this happen to me in an online tourney, but that was a $10 buy-in tourney. Making this call at the Main Event that has a $10,000 + 500 buy-in on your first hand is not that easy in my opinion. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yolo it man... do it since odds are on your side... assume that even if you get knocked out. You'll get back there eventually :)

In the case that you end up winning the hand, you're setup pretty well for the short term of that tournament. You just took 3 people's stacks!

I'd go for it, not sure if its the right call per se when there's that many people in the pot though from a mathematical standpoint.

B

BOBO777BOBO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What would you do if you were playing in the WSOP Main Event for the very first time and on the very first hand you had pocket aces and the three players in behind you had all gone all in. Assume that one player had K-K, the second J-J and the third player 10-10. Is making this call a gimme?

I actually had this happen to me in an online tourney, but that was a $10 buy-in tourney. Making this call at the Main Event that has a $10,000 + 500 buy-in on your first hand is not that easy in my opinion. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
I've folded pocket aces a few times
It's hard not question.
But u have to be disciplined

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s not a matter of discipline, but with respect to the game itself! If the money for you to participate in this tournament is of great importance, then it is better not to play. For playing in such a tournament the fact of participation in it is important, not fear of flying out on the first day !

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

It’s not a matter of discipline, but with respect to the game itself! If the money for you to participate in this tournament is of great importance, then it is better not to play. For playing in such a tournament the fact of participation in it is important, not fear of flying out on the first day !

It would be tough getting knocked out on the first hand of the biggest tournament. I remember seeing a guy get knocked out super early in the WSOP ME. One guy had pocket aces and the other guy had A 10. The flop was A 10 10. Tough to fold the A A 10 10 10. He didn't fold and was out minutes into day 1 of the ME.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it is wise to fold AA preflop in regular tournament. Once I was in the first hand of day 2 of a $560 entry tournament. I got AA in mid position everyone folded to me I raised 3X and the small blind shoved all in. He didnt have me covered but I would only have 3BB left if i lost. I snapped called. He had AKo and on the river got his 4 card flush. We were about 25 from the money and I got knocked out a few hands later. I moral of the story is at no point do I think I would ever fold AA. It is not always a winner but it is the best starting hand and preflop that is what I want when I get all my chips in.

WSOP