Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
T

TapYaOut33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure I would be able to handle the delay if I was at the final table.It must be hard enough to sleep and what not knowing the next day you will be playing for the championship, let alone having to wait a couple of months.

BrentD22

BrentD22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump

I've changed my mind, I thought it was a stupid idea, but I never realised the delay would create THIS much interest in Poker - it's almost here, I cant wait to see whether my favourite player wins in a couple of weeks!

Who else is as excited as me!

I enjoy listening to a lot of poker related podcasts. I keep realizing that I will already know who will win. I'm thinking I might just have to avoid listening and reading anything about poker for a couple of days.

I'm excited for poker. I think this will be the shot in the arm it needs, I booster shot per se.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've changed my mind, I thought it was a stupid idea, but I never realised the delay would create THIS much interest in Poker

At the very least they've been successful in keeping the poker community talking about the wsop long after the rest of the series finished.

Think back to last year - there were a few days of "ZOMGZ Jerry Yang is such a donk I can't believe he won" discussions and then by mid-August everyone had well and truly moved on. This year, we haven't really stoppoed talking about it and it's four months later.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not sure I would be able to handle the delay if I was at the final table.It must be hard enough to sleep and what not knowing the next day you will be playing for the championship, let alone having to wait a couple of months.

The thought of having a guarentee of having at least $900,000 in 4 months would help the wait some. :)

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say, the coverage has been more interesting just because I don't know who won yet. I'm more excited about watching the FT. Think about it: how much would everyone have been pulling for Allen Cunningham to win over Gold after watching all the coverage leading up to the final table BEFORE the FT happened? And this year, there are lots of likable guys and good players to root for.

How many people are going to try to NOT see what happens for two days before the broadcast on ESPN? I'm want to watch it without knowing.

WSOP