WSOP main event 2020

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Event #77 of wsop 2020, Main event was held online this year through GGpoker. What I want to discuss in this thread was the heads up of the final two in the Main event. Wenling Gao was the runner up. Although she did great, she could have been pressured by the final table vibes which caused her to perform less better than usual also considering a dominating opponent like Stoyen. What bothered me the most was the comments against Wenling Gao, like ' My grandma plays better heads up than her', 'she doesn't deserve this spot' ,' I should have been there instead of her', and so on. If you think you should have been there instead of her, why weren't you? Anyways. Internet is filled with lots of only hate now a days. Instead try to spread positive comments and appreciate others. People did smack talk her out of jealousy which was obviously visible considering she did take home $2.7million that night. Kudos to all the players. Do avoid smack talk and instead jump in the action and do it yourself.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watched this live - she played very well, chipped up nicely from the last few tables and got her chips in ahead most of the time.

The problem was he was hitting every flop heads-up and I think she lost patience towards the end (it was very late in her timezone from what I recall).

Also it's easy to make someone else look bad when you are getting completely smacked by the deck.

That's obviously part of the game and doesn't take anything away from his win.

Hopefully they'll be able to have a real world series again soon, but watching the live streams of these events was both entertaining and educational.

WSOP