Would you Play Riverless Holdem

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The river has been the source of misery for many a poker player, myself included. I can easily guess that its burned me far more times than its helped. So my question is, why hasnt riverless holdem ever become a thing? Same rules, except now you get 4 cards to do it. Would you play riverless holdem?

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The river has been the source of misery for many a poker player, myself included. I can easily guess that its burned me far more times than its helped. So my question is, why hasnt riverless holdem ever become a thing? Same rules, except now you get 4 cards to do it. Would you play riverless holdem?

You could always play a different poker game - if you got rid of the last card it wouldnt be holdem

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why stop there? :p

Soon enough you'd be getting burned by the turn as well so you'd have to get rid of that too. And flops? Those are just nasty. Ditch them.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I do not like your idea as well as I have trolleado I have also served the river a lot, besides it would not be logical for a poker hand to be formed with five cards and on the table there are only 4 !!!.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really wish people learnt probability so these threads can go away.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the rives is that part in poker which is one of the most exiting. Sometimes it's good for you and sometimes it's not

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why stop there? :p

Soon enough you'd be getting burned by the turn as well so you'd have to get rid of that too. And flops? Those are just nasty. Ditch them.

Yeah! Best starting hand should always win!! As long as you are holding it that is. There's this great game called "I win" as well [emoji1]

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never. Wouldn't be holdem anymore. Might as well cut the deck and bet on high card.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why leave 4 cards? Discard all the cards in the trash. And play on words: - one shouts that he's the flush; other yells: - Royal flush!
Interesting, Yes? How do you get this idea?
152801450.gif

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
than people would just complain about the 4th card lol.. it'll never end, accept the rules and play your best

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules