Would You Call Poker a Game of Luck or Skill?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think poker is a game of luck or skill?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Too many identical questions !!! This question has already been on the forum and has been asked here many times !!! But, perhaps, you are not satisfied with the answers or they are not entirely clear to you, so I will answer again !!!
For players who do not want to learn and develop in poker, it is a game of luck, but the more you learn poker, the more you realize that skill plays a key role in poker success !!!
This is my opinion about poker !!!

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips

if you scare someone with an empty hand and force them to throw away their cards, it can be considered a skill. and if you hit a 72 and won, then it can be considered good luck.
what is closer to you will be the determining factor.:eek:
good luck at the tables!:)

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Se você estudar, se você dispor de tempo para jogar e com isso fizer uma sequência de jogos, se treinar bastante as habilidades vão começar a aparecer e aí você consegue jogar mais livre.
Luck will accompany us, this is inevitable, but we can't always count on her, that's why her skill, her instinct, her patience and fundamental.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both you have to be lucky person and know how to play smart. That will yield more possitive outcomes.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both for sure, there are times when good luck bails you out of bad calls, but there are also good plays you can make based on perception and experience. Never rely solely on one side. Some ppl think they are invincible and play solely on luck, and you have those who believe only skill matter and gets really angry when they were ahead just to be dominated on the river.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't say too much-you know that there is luck and skill in the game.There are two factors that affect your winnings.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it need both to be a really good Player but luck Kills skill that is the best skill you can learn, so what can be possible is impotent to take over the luck with still. so calculate!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. My take is you can be as skilled as you can be with years of experience, if a person decides to playa wide range or has a high VPIP, I/you may get beat.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Poker game is skill with the luck factor involved and mental reasoning all together but of the three luck is the greatest

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

T

thuliomano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sem duvidas que é um pouco de cada né, voce pode ter a maior habilidade do mundo se a carta não bater não tem jeito.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In Poker you need to have the skills to be able to count on luck.
Every hand has a percentage probability before the preflop. When the cards fall on the table, this probability increases or decreases.
You need the skill to understand whether it is worth it or not to have luck with the cards in your hand.​

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker without luck is like a wedding without a bride!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One day game is luck, distance game is skill.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
skill overall but in the short term luck is a big factor

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

I don't think poker depends on a lot of luck. Rather, it depends on the player's style and the cards in his hands. We cannot compare a player who has spent much time learning all kinds of poker skills with a player who relies on luck

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is 100% skill, 50% luck :D

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I have said in other threads where this topic is discussed for a person who is preparing and studying, he also has experience playing it is 60% skills and 40% luck, for the rest it is 100% luck

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel poker has both skill and luck involved in the game. You do need luck to set your game to utilise the skill involved of winning poker. I'm not sure at what ratio it would be between luck and skill.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was Ike Haxton who said something like this, which I really liked:

If a game has both luck and skill, it doesn't make sense to discuss which one is more important. The reason is that skill will always come to the top in the long term.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Both factors are important, but in my opinion, skill is always more important. A skilled player always has a better chance of success.

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% skill, there is no way you could beat the top players

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts