Would Puzzle Solving Improve Your Poker Game?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes. Poker is all about making decisions with little information.

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am training only when I am playing. I do not trust to much something programs( I play mtt)

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am training only when I am playing. I do not trust to much something programs( I play mtt)

That's not what I meant. I talk about "brain-twisters", not related to poker at all. Just to make your brain works better in a similar regard.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess might help in poker but I doubt that puzzle solving will.

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no thing can solve poker except luck

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried memorizing a deck of cards to help improve memory.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Only my patience improves my game and allows me to get good results. I think patience is the key.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your poker game will be improved by honing your poker skills. But playing poker won't make solving puzzles any easier. The same is in the reverse order.:angel:

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If I would improve it in the future with more money, if I get it, I would buy some game statistics program! It is essential today with so many players to gather information

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it should.
I think that solving puzzles well develops the brain and patience, and in poker patience plays a very important role! Well, accordingly, the brains will work better! Train the discipline and you will notice how you begin to grow! I wish you good luck in your endeavors!

C

CaioBandeiraGomes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

I believe that anything done to practice concentration and patience will be helpful in improving the game.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Only patience improves me in my game. If I play in a hurry my game becomes very bad.:(

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
puzzle solving!!

solving puzzles will at least postpone senile dementia for an indefinite period !!))

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like puzzles and play different kinds. However, whenever someone relates one mental activity to another activity in terms of being beneficial, I seldom agree.

Of late it is very fashionable to try to link chess and poker (for various reasons) but I fail to see any benefit, though both are engrossing.

I heard something very funny last week. Quarterback Tom Brady had claimed that certain mental exercises helped with his decision making process on the field. I am sure Brady does numerous things which he feels helps him. However, the person discussing the matter was a psychologist who pointed out no matter what Brady did with his 'mental exercises' the key to his success was his god given ability to play more top flight games than anyone in history. More practice and experience, period, coupled with insane natural talent.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definately would help the brain figure things out better and faster but largely depends on the type and dificulty of the puzzles. You want it to be challenging but not too much because need to get trough at least a dozen to notice improvement.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think so. It's a good way to develop some skills on our brain.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Okay, as people keep sort of casually asserting puzzles benefit poker in a generalized manner (which I believe could be asserted about pretty much anything and everything) could someone actually give a specific example of a puzzle(s) and explain how this would relate to/improve poker?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing mahjong is very useful for a poker player.

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker, in my opinion, has nothing to do with similar games. Experience and prudence will help in different situations

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like crossword puzzles? I think it is much more useful to look at the cards on the table and rank the possible hands and then compare it to your hole cards with that ranking.

Top 10 Games