Would anyone be interested in watching a casual microstakes mtt player?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mods, i apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

*this is not a brag post and i absolutely despise the fact that it does sound like i'm bragging, because i'm not. i am just a casual microstakes mtt player that plays for fun and has had a fair amount success with it.

it's also important to note that i am not trying to provide strategy or training videos because a) i'm definitely not qualified and b) we already have a lot of professional players that provide really, really good content for that. instead, i want to provide a look at how a casual player approaches the microstakes tournaments. this will be more geared towards players that like to to play fun, that aren't interesting in grinding 1000s of mtts in a month, or trying to move up in higher stakes but maybe they're struggling at the microstakes.

it's impossible to say that some strategy, training, teaching moments wont come from the videos as i would like to provide my own insight on how i play but i'm not saying "this is how you should play". it's more like "this is how i play" and maybe some members can pick something up from it.*

the reason for this post is because i want to ask the members of cc 2 questions:

• do you think i am qualified to do something like this?
  • would you be interested in watching of how i play microstakes mtts?
i want to make it 100% clear that i do not think i'm a great player and i know that there are way better, more qualified microstakes mtt players on cardschat. compared to all of them, i'm probably at the bottom of the list. but still, i've done decently and i'd like to provide something to the members of cc.

i started playing poker again on BOL, starting march 7th. here are some of my stats so far:

• played an equivalent of 615 mtts (i count re-entries as their own mtt since i pay rake)
  • i play mostly $0-$2 mtts, a few times as high as $5 mtts.
  • ~18% itm finish, ~110 cashes (i think BOL pays 18% of the field)
  • 33 final tables with 15 top 3 finishes (i mostly play 9 seat mtts)
  • 1st: 2, 2nd: 11, 3rd: 2 (obv, i need to improve my heads-up game)
  • total profit of ~$325 (would be more if i wasn't so spewy with late reg buy-ins, but that's not the point)
comparing some mtt stats with my own:
  • average starting mtt field size of ~250 players
  • ~30% of field reduction during late registration = 175 players
  • odds of making final 9/175 = 5%
  • 110 cashes x 5% = ~5-6 final tables.
  • 33 fts/110 cashes = 30% final table finishes
  • odds of making top 3/9 = 33%
  • i've made top 3 45% of time time.
so, i do late register into all of my games which is why i provided the reduced field size. the numbers are from taking stats for 25 mtts i played. this is pre BOL microstakes event so those numbers can easily change. for simplicity, i rounded the averages.

in no way do i think that my 33 final tables in 110 mtt cashes is anything special because a) these are really small fields that i play compared to sites like pokerstars and b) obviously it is easer to get through significantly smaller fields. while i put myself at a disadvantage when i late register for 25 bbs or less, there is still an average of ~75 players i no longer have worry about.

that's it. hopefully i provided enough information on why i might be qualified for something like this. and i'm using 'qualified' very loosely. i'm not 100% convinced if this is something i want to do but if demand for watching a casual microstakes mtt player is there, i will really consider it.

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
meh. i made another final table.

also, i think this was a bad idea. i'm not qualified to do something like this and have no idea what i was thinking. i'm a bottom-of-the-barrel garbage skill level, microstakes mtt player. i shouldn't even be offering advice, let alone a video of me playing.

i apologize everyone. this was so stupid for me to suggest. if a mod reads this, please delete it. or i'll ask a mod to do so.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you use the standard font for these posts? They are very hard to read. :)

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
meh. i made another final table.

also, i think this was a bad idea. i'm not qualified to do something like this and have no idea what i was thinking. i'm a bottom-of-the-barrel garbage skill level, microstakes mtt player. i shouldn't even be offering advice, let alone a video of me playing.

i apologize everyone. this was so stupid for me to suggest. if a mod reads this, please delete it. or i'll ask a mod to do so.

It really is very difficult to read like that, I get tired of my eyes and force myself to give up, the little I can say is that you don't seem to be a casual gamer haha