worth becoming a poker pro?

M

muckem97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys.

Came across a few articles saying that it's not worth it anymore to become a poker pro. It's getting way to hard and not enough edges in the game anymore. How true is this?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I believe that poker is a hard day-to-day work to improve your game.
If you have an opportunity and you can choose, then there are many other options that will allow you to make money faster and easier.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The field is a lot stronger than it was 10 years ago, but there are still plenty of people making a living off of poker.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's really worth it. Mostly with tournaments like micromillions where you can win $ 100,000 in a tournament is a money that most can not get in a year. Getting this in 8-10 hours is simply sensational. Without telling the fact to be able to travel and play anywhere in the world, enjoying the best beaches and tourist destinations. Even playing online from any place or schedule is very good

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you can play very good and with good results your game will make you pro!

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's worth it to become a professional poker player, but only if we have a good bankroll.
I, for example, consider myself a good poker player but because I do not have a good banck or a good banker, I can not play at high levels and I limit myself to playing in micro limits.
That's why I insist that the bank is stodo because that way we avoid playing in an unpleasant way. that's why I only play for fun.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plays every day 10 hours for 5 years, im exaggerating a bit but someone who takes poker seriously will always get positive results .. the key is to keep trying it .. in my opinion when you play for a long time in a field too hard, your game will also be stronger.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure what "edges" refers too, game has stayed the same. As others mentioned, players have improved and adopting different strategies. Don't think that is a reason you should avoid that goal.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are willing to work hard on yourself and your game, you are disciplined and patient, then why not? but in my opinion, this is not the easiest money.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it's worth it. But it is sensible to know that it is a hard and hard road, where for several times you think of giving up for different reasons, and I believe that persisting is always the difference. If you have a lot of study, you will be a winner.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why ask? If you want to become a pro then do it. It's your life and Life is also short.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think being a poker pro is a consequence of a good poker player. If you are a hard worker in poker, study, watch video lessons, follow the best in the world, dedicate yourself, avoid making mistakes, I think if you have all these qualities and more that I did not mention, you run the risk of becoming a professional. Only one day does not become professional, who has doubt of it, and who does not try my nobleman.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's worth it to become a poker pro if you can make a profit. But unfortunately its getting hard because a lot of people are getting good at poker.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if you have a lot of free time and you know how to play, then why not play and do not get better in the game and win good money, there is no difference whether you play live poker or online, the main thing in poker is that it's getting good results and to win good money becomes an excellent player and go as far as gold bracelets, but some play for the pleasure, I agree with
Joshua_Kane that a lot of people make a living from poker!

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is your interest and you are able to make a living by playing poker, then go for it. It's hard for one to get a job that he really has passion, so if you find yourself able to be dedicated to poker, go for it.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any case, to achieve something, you need to strive to become a professional!