My worst stress situation in poker and yours?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I never play with money I cannot afford to lose, If I was overstretched on the Credit cards, or I had bills to pay, I just wouldn't play, It is that simple! My Family always came first, Then the Bills, and Poker being a Fun Pastime will always come lower on the list.
Playing Poker while you have problems on your mind is never a good idea, no matter what the problem is, because you are always thinking about other things and not concentrating on the game.
I once started a tournament, at a Local Pub I played at and within 15 minutes of playing I got up from the table and said "Sorry guys, got to go" and walked out. The following week I was asked why I had done it and I said "I had things on my mind, I had to sort out and was not playing well, so I left!"
"But don't worry, everything is sorted, and I am here to win tonight" which incredibly I did, I take my Poker seriously even when playing for Peanuts, but saying that, does not mean I cannot have fun while doing it, so playing with money I can afford to lose, take's a lot of pressure of your mind and I can relax, play my best game, and win or lose, it really does not matter, the whole reason I play is because I enjoy it.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I have not had a situation as peculiar as yours, but today in a small session I had, I had a bad time, and I lost 5 All In with AQ, I could not beat KK or QQ, I had to lose money today but I hope to improve for the next session.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The river

No not the garth brooks song the river. The last community card in hold'm. Getting beat on the river while being ahead the hole hand is the worst. Also lucky people that don't know how to play. Grrrrrr!!!! But it wouldn't be the great game that it is without either one.. :rolleyes:

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No stress at all. I play poker to be stress free. Not to stress myself. Poker is my stress reliver.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is my go to during leisure

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My worst stressful was when I had three tickets to a tournament in one day, which started late at night and I was able to play only one, but I was very tormented whether to play all the tournaments or go fresh to work.