Balancing work and playing poker

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people have time to play poker all the time either you dont work stay with mommy daddy witch must be nice if you do or retired I have to work got a kid it hard to find time to do anything but that's life for yea just that I vent she what everybody else thinks about it

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How do people have time to play poker all the time either you dont work stay with mommy daddy witch must be nice if you do or retired I have to work got a kid it hard to find time to do anything but that's life for yea just that I vent she what everybody else thinks about it

I doubt that most people play all the time, poker is a game, a hobby, a pastime to most. You play or study the game as time allows. I am retired, but I still have & take on family responsibilities & they always take priority over playing poker, just as they did when my children were dependent on me. I also have other interests & hobbies that take time away from poker, that's just life. Only real danger is if you find yourself neglecting your family, friends, job or other responsibilities or commitments to play.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone has their own life and their own life situations. Set a priority for yourself and work in this direction. Not everything in our lives comes down to playing poker.

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play all the time. At least 12 hours or more daily. Now that I'm working again I just can't make that happen and that is ok. My priority is work to make money over poker so I can have money to pay bills and then play some poker.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this could be tricky if you play casually after work in the evening, and go deep in some tournament. And the next day you gota go to the work. Like what do you do in such spot?
Few times i just went al in untill i go broke or untill i win few crazy double ups pushing me in some top 10 or somthing, then i stay for a bit longer)

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this life there is time for everything, you can study a university degree and play poker in your free time as a hobby and at the same time you can work part time and play at night, so the only thing more important is knowing how to organize managing your time.

Over time you will see if you have more advantages with poker to generate money and that your income also comes from the game and you will have to make a decision if it is worth dedicating more time to poker or continue your work in monotony or do both with a part time job.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my dream is to work 2 in 2 days and play poker at an awkward time
but still unemployed

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I manage to combine work and poker. I don't play as much as I would like, but it's better than nothing anyway.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a free work schedule. I'm a freelancer, so I can easily combine work and poker. This is not a problem for me, although I actually live alone.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is simple. There is time - play.:)

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I'm also not able to play well after my second son was born it has taken a lot of my time whenever I'm playing he asks to play and I try to play with him but it takes away my focus so when I'm in a straight line I ask my wife to try to concentrate but it's hard

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do work and have time to play poker. I usually arrive at home at 5-6pm, so, I play poker at night and on weekends. But I'm not married or have kids, so, it's easier to find a free time to play.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I've been working remotely for the last two years, so I can easily combine work and poker. If you want to play and develop, you need to find a job that will allow you to combine these two areas.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have free time after work, you can play two tournaments, about 2 hours each, it will not make you very tired the next day.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is important that poker does not affect your social life and work, if poker is not the only earnings that brings money, in other cases, you should not let poker capture all your free time, the results will only improve)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
How do people have time to play poker all the time either you dont work ...

As far i know then some (south-american) cardchatters who actually achieve (way too) good results on regular basis in cc games are actually unemployed to this day (or were previously) ...

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I simply play a few MTTs each night. Because I have a full time job and 4 kids, time is very valuable to me. This is why I developed a late reg strategy for MTTs where I am only playing for long periods of time when I am deep in an MTT (making the time investment worth it). :)

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
poker is the worst. and the best profession in the world. that's why all parents are afraid of poker. my parents and my wife won't let me go to live poker. about online poker, they are incomprehensible.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I simply play a few MTTs each night. Because I have a full time job and 4 kids, time is very valuable to me. This is why I developed a late reg strategy for MTTs where I am only playing for long periods of time when I am deep in an MTT (making the time investment worth it). :)

I'm always afraid to go to the end of late registration, everyone has big stacks already, and it seems to me that there are very few chances left

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Save your money for retirement. That's what I did.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have time to play during the day. I play in the evenings when I'm free from work. Maybe other players have a different working day or they are already retired.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly, all players live in different time zones. Therefore, poker rooms are always full of players.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that as more responsibility appears, there is less priority to play poker.
just one or two tournaments on the weekend.
it is a matter of organizing.
And as I read a previous comment, each person places their priorities and works on them.
it goes without saying whether or not he lives with his parents or whatever.

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I manage to combine work and poker. I´ve made an schedule of my favorites MTTs that can play on my free time. From time to time some fast table to get fun.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luckily I work for my family doing all their innerwebs necessities, which leaves me a lot of down time that I have to be within ear shot of the computer. The reason I started playing so much. I am not sure how one would balance a normal job and play.